• JDELIST is celebrating its 20 year anniversary today!
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

How to stop PDF from changing resolutions and sharpness

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
When I print my documents directly to the printer the logo, colours, and signatures are very sharp / crisp.

If I Publish the document the colour changes, the logo and signatures are not as sharp.

How do I define the PDF settings in Createform so whenever I publish a PDF version of a document it keeps the sharpness of the print version.

What I am doing is sending a PDF version of our forms via email so the client can print the forms later on whatever printer she chooses to print. Problem is when I print the document right from Createform designer the colour stays a true colour. But when we print from a PDF version the colours, logo sharpness, and signature sharpness changes. All I have to do is go into print preview for this to happen.

Is there a setting in Createform that corrects this issue?

Please advise.

KSwaeby

Reputable Poster
That would be a question for BottomLine. I believe they are using Ghostscript to "distill" the PostScript job stream to PDF.

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
I came across this document on the web. Can we do this with Ghostscript. THis is way beyond what I understand but am going to show this to a technical person here.
We determined the issue is with Ghostscript. Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it?

https://ghostscript.com/doc/9.07/GS9_Color_Management.pdf

Bottomline indicated the following:
The different is how the printer interprets Postscrpt versus how Ghostscript distills it.

There is no setting in Create!form for this, you can try using a higher resolution EPS image but be aware this will slow down printing.

Let me know if you have further questions.