How to show long customer name in invoice

TerryGu

Dear All,

I have met a problem that our user said they have a customer whose name is too long (about 46 characters) that our JDE system(ABALPH only can store 40 characters) can not afford to store it.

But our customer doesn't agree to shorten it. They request us to show full name of it in invoice.

Could some one of you can help me about it? Do you met same issue? How you solved it?

Regards!

Customize your invoice printing application to retrieve the customer "long name" from the custom table you stored the name in.

Thanks.

But we don't have any table to store the long name. Our invoice fetch the name from address book F0101.ABALPH. But it is not long enough. How you do this except customizing, does any process option or standard technical set up control the length?

Sorry if you've already sussed this.

The F0101 table has an extra field called 'User Reference' (ABURRF). If it is not already used, the extra long customer name could be stored there.

Unfortunately, this will involve changing any programs that allow the customer name to be changed and displayed/printed, but I don't think it's too big a job - a couple of days max.

Thanks a lot, nuffznuff

But this field alredy occupied by our users, and I am not a JDE developer.

Thanks for your advice.

I will check for other options.

Regards!

Why not use the supplemental Database or CIF if its only important that your customer sees his full name on documentation, and internally in your own company you can see an abbreviated name.

I'm sure its already necessary to customise you external documents anyway.

Thanks.

This issue solved.

We advise our user to use extension field to store extra part of customer name in address book.

And the customer accept our result.

Regards!

Back