how to make a section showing on report not in top down basis?

ekben

Well Known Member
dear all, the erw report writer only can process top down, rite? if i want to process 1 section with condition possible? i tried use do custom section but only appear once after the calling section. any way to make the section as independent and appear on report with condition and can appear many times?

thanks
rgds
ekben

I dont get it,,,,

If you have multiple rows for the report, and you are calling the new section in do section, then the new section will be repeated everytime a new row is printed.

Maybe I didnt get your question properly, please be more specific.

1) if i have 1 group section and this group section can be used by other section. whenever i call this section from other section, this group section will print on the report. i tried to use do custom section but only print once after the calling section.

when i call from section 4, the group section will only print after section 6 as it sequence. the section cannot print conditionally instead of by sequence?
section 1
section 2
section 3
section 4 (calling section)
section 5
section 6 (group section)
section 7

2)i have multiple section with same data selection on the same BV. why only the first section with data selection can get the correct data whereas the others below the first section with same data selection return incorrect data? those i put not equal to in the data selection still come out in the other section whereas first section with same data selection return correct data?

rgds
ekben

Hi Ekben,
See the as far as the query for the data selection is concerned u can always have the same data selection of another section provided the BV is same .For that u need to make use of the System Function Use Data Selection/Sequence and pass the name of the section of which u are using the data selection.
For the Conditional Sectional thing as far as my experience goes In Jde u can call any section from Anywhere irrespective of the order in which the section is arranged on the RDA by making use of the Do Custom Section.

Thanx & Regards
Jiju

Hi Ekben,

DoCustomSection works properly wih called section, which are marked as conditional.

To make a section conditional, start from the RDA menu:

Section / Section Properties... / Advanced tab

Here you will have a check-box, named Conditional. Mark this check-box.

Take care, on some SP level, the label of Conditional and Page Break After are inverted. When you mark the check-box, then check the description on the right side to verify, is this the real Conditional option. If the description does not match, then mark the Page Break After insead of Conditional and verify the text again on the right side.

Conditional sections appears on the report only, when they are called via DoCustomSection. You can call them as many times as you want.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Zoltán

thank alot all. but can someone help me on point no 2?

besides this what code shud i put in the if statement to go to next record? i need to put in explicitly in the event rules design to go to next record.

thanks again.

rgds
ekben

Hi ekben,

How do you ensure the same data selection on the sections, followed the first?

Zoltán

the result appears to me differently. same bv and same data selection for 2 section. the first section returns correct result based on the data selection but the second section seems like ignore my data selection even i put {not equal} in the comparison column but still return the data i dun want. why there is a difference in the result?
both data selection with {not equal} in the comparison for certain data i dun want, the first section can comply but second section cannot.

thanks

ekben

Hi ekben,

Again: how do you ensure the same data selection.

A.) Do you set selection on version level?
B.) Do you set selection in the template "Define Data Selection"?
C.) Do you use "SetUserSelection" system function?
D.) Do you use "Use Data Sel/Seq from a Section" system function?
E.) Two or more from the pervious?

Please, attach ER code and/or screen shots to examine your issue.

Regards,

Zoltán

dear zoltan,
very sorry, just now i tried again and the result is correct for both section based on same bv and same data selection. my version data selection also same. i have multiple section is for checking purposes. i failed to understand why earlier i tried many many times but the result is incorrect for the second section. anyway, thanks alot. in short they will return same result even based on same bv and have same data selection, rite?

C.) Do you use "SetUserSelection" system function?
how and when to use this. what is the difference for this and the normal data selection?
D.) Do you use "Use Data Sel/Seq from a Section" system function?
how and when to use this. what is the difference for this and point C and the normal data selection?

rgds
ekben

Hi ekben,

Please, check the System Functions section in the Tools API Reference book in the on-line help of your OW/E1 explorer. Experiment a bit with this system functions, and ask, when something is not clear.

I have already asked more times, what kind of documentations, manuals, internet knowledge base is available for you.
Now, I ask it again. Please, answer at least once (at least privately)! We can help you more efficiently, pointing the appropriate chapters in the documentations, etc.

Your questions are so basic and general, that if I would like to answer all, then I should write one or more thick manual.

I would like to help you, but I have not as much time as your questions require.

Regards,

Zoltán

Re: thanks

Hi Ekben,

Good habit to read the manuals ;-)
You won't find everything in ERW manual, if you want to develop complex report, batch application.

The Development Tools manual is also usefull piece of reading.
Here can you read about Processing Options, Event Rule Design, Interconnects, Business Functions, etc.

The "Process Flow of XXXX" chapters are also usefull to understand the interactive and batch engine. These chapters are generally in the Appendix of manuals.

Was you able to locate the Tools and API Reference in the on-line help? Here you can find brief but usefull description about System Functions and Events. I haven't found these information elsewhere than here. It isn't much time to look over this two chapter of the help. If you have trouble to locate it, then let us know.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back