How to find out the creation date of records ?!

Patrick3388

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to find out the creation date of records ?
For example, I want to know what vendor records that I have created in year 2011, I have tried to look at F0101 but only have "Date Updated" column.

Anyone can help is much appreciated !!

Best Regards,
Patrick

An age old problem I'm afraid, in nearly every case the UPMJ field is all you have and as you have discovered this gets updated by Applications/UBEs

I've solved the problem before by using database triggers to write to an audit file as and when records are Inserted/Updated/Deleted

Steve

In the case of address book records created from P01012 you can set up interpo to create the before and after images in the F01012Z2. It is not good for the past but only for the future when you get it set up. JDE quote "If you want to keep a record of changes made to existing address book records and a record of new address book records that have been entered, you can create an address book audit log. You create the audit log by entering in the processing options for the Address Book Revisions program (P01012) a version of the Address Book MBF (P0100041) that has outbound interoperability enabled. The system stores the audit log information in the Address Book - Interoperability table (F0101Z2)."

We also use the Outbound Interoperability functionality as tdf suggested, which records adds/changes/deletions done through interactive programs. We also have auditing turned for certain files/fields where we also want to have record of any adds/changes/deletions (e.g. batch programs, interfaces, SQL updates).

But back to the original problem...
Presuming you use the same Address Book next number range for customers and suppliers, look at the Customer Master for a field called Date Account Opened (F03012.AIDAOJ) and find the first customer that was added in 2011.
Then do a query on the F0101 of all suppliers with an address book number greater than that customer.
Good luck!

Back