How seriously should I take the 10,000 pages of special instructions?

Crazy_About_JDE

Crazy_About_JDE

Well Known Member
Hello, list. ESU newbie here, in the process of applying Update 1 to ERP 8.0. How seriously do I need to take the reams of special instructions included in e81.htm on the CD? I'm slated to go live in three weeks!

My sandbox: ERP 8.0 SP 23 on OS/400 V5R1.

Thank you in advance!

[ QUOTE ]
Hello, list. ESU newbie here, in the process of applying Update 1 to ERP 8.0. How seriously do I need to take the reams of special instructions included in e81.htm on the CD? I'm slated to go live in three weeks!

[/ QUOTE ]

HMMMM, quite interesting, your next email seemed to shine some light on that question

[ QUOTE ]
I just had this same problem (and fixed it), but the error message on the screen said, in its entirety:

Revision level detected on this machine is greater than the software update that is being installed. Installation cannot continue

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

Undoubtedly there is some good advice buried in those 10,000 pages. The trick is finding it. Here's the secret. Take your age, add your height, add your weight, and write the answer out in Modulo 12. Add a check digit. That number is the page with the good advice.

P.S. Don't tell anyone else...how do you think we consultants make a living?

Reminds me of this one...

A guy owns a business which is in trouble. He decides to take spiritual advice and approaches a Pastor. The Pastor tells him to go home, open up the Bible and seek advice from whichever page he encounters.

A few months later, a Porsche pulls up near the church and the same guy hands the Pastor a wrapped gift with a Thank You note.

The Pastor is curious and asks him, "What did the Bible advice you ?". "Chapter 11", the guy grins.
grin.gif

Back