House Keeping for Job Queue

Adrian TH

Hi all,
There is currently a standard report to do house keeping on the Job Queue (R9861101 calling R9861102 and/or R9861103).

This can only be run locally.

I am planning to do something about it and place the customized report into the scheduler.
This would then be run be it in the Enterprise Server or the UBE server.

Why or what causes this report to only be able to be run locally?

Enterprise One 8.12
Enterprise Server: Unix
UBE Server / Deployment Server / Development Server: Win 2K
Database: Oracle 10g

-Adrian-

I run ours weekely in scheduler. Created a custom version and set the processing options to all status over 14 days old. It runs fine in scheduler on the Enterprise Server. We are a couple of releases behind you so not sure if that makes a difference or not. I would not think so.

I just ran it on my JDV812 JAS Server, and executed on my app server without any issue.
PS Did you insert the app server name in R9861101's first processing option?

Hi Jake,

Every time I run it on Enterprise Server, only R9861101 report will appear on the job queue. R9861102 and/or R9861103 does not get executed.

However, it I run it on Fat Client, R9861102 and/or R9861103 appeared and it was successful.

As for the Processing Options, it was all placed correctly.

-Adrian-.

Hi Adrian,

When you run on the enterprise server, are you running it under the same user id as the fat client? If not, does that user have access to the UBE's that are not running?

Dave

Hi Dave,
Yes. I am using username JDE (Sysadmin role) to run it.
No security was set.
I still could not figure it out why the 2nd calling report could not be run.

-Adrian-

I was thinking the same as Dave - security or possibly even OCM mapping - good to check both. We created our own version to eliminate the security (PSFT) and granted the security to originally myself but later to *Public as we have some UBEs that run dozens of another and we wanted to automatically kick off R9861101/02 after the run. Anyway, i would check those two areas for the 02 and see if there is a setting differnt then for the 01.

I realised currently there is no OCM mapping that set it to run on Enterprise Server.
I will set it up and run it. Keeping my fingers cross.

-Adrian-

Back