Horizontal Cluster Instance not load balancing

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
I am trying to cluster 3 HTML instances of JDE. I have vertical clustering working, but OAS seems to refuse to send users to my horizontal cluster.

I have set up the following:
Topology is set up: Configuring Dynamic Node Discovery Using Multicast Address: *230.230.0.103:8002 for both A & B machine
For each instance I have clustering enabled to overide parent application and am using Multicast IP replication on address: 230.230.0.103 port 45566

my virtual clients are set up as follows:
#added by Tom Davidson per cluster http Pg 27
Listen 95
NameVirtualHost jdemke001b.sensient-tech.net:95
#NameVirtualHost jdemke001a.sensient-tech.net:95
<VirtualHost *:95>
Oc4jMount /jde instance://dehy2.jdemke001b.sensient-tech.net:DEHYOASD,dehy1.jdemke001a.sensient-tech.net:DEHYOASA,dehy2.jdemke001b.sensient-tech.net:DEHYOASC
Oc4jMount /jde/* instance://dehy2.jdemke001b.sensient-tech.net:DEHYOASD,dehy1.jdemke001a.sensient-tech.net:DEHYOASA,dehy2.jdemke001b.sensient-tech.net:DEHYOASC

</VirtualHost>

It just never seems to route a user to dehy1.jdemke001a.sensient-tech.net:DEHYOASA

I have bounced everything multiple times.

Any ideas would be appreciated

E812, Tools 8.98.1.2, OAS 10.1.3.1, ES AS/400, HTML W2K3 SP 2

One other thing I noticed is that the instance on the second box, when I try to look at logs, the instance is not shown (Selecting 'logs' in the upper right hand corner.

I am able to follow the link from JDE to manually get to JDE via this instance and it works fine once I get there.

Tom

OK, this just keeps getting stranger.

Load Balancing appears to be working somewhat. I am getting users in all 3 instances, DEHYOASD has 13, DEHYOASA has 4 and DEHYOADC has 8.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tom

Todd,

I found nothing. I'm hoping by answering now, someone will have an idea of what to do, I now have 52 in one instance, 10 in another, 3 in my 3rd instance.

Tom

Back