hiding and unhiding a pushbutton on a fix/inspect form

cgoodwin56

Is it possible to do this on a fix/inspect form if so where can it be done.

Thanks in advance

Hi CGood,

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to do this on a fix/inspect form if so where can it be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can do that - use Hide Control /Show Control system functions under Control group.

Regards,

Zoltán

Thanks for your feedback, What is really happening is that when I hide the pushbutton and I enter another entry I have the logic in the control exited/changed inline to show the pushbutton but it never get fierd off.

Thanks

Hi CGood,

[ QUOTE ]
What is really happening is that when I hide the pushbutton and I enter another entry I have the logic in the control exited/changed inline to show the pushbutton but it never get fierd off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it's my fault, but I do not understand your question clearly.
Would yo be so kind and describe your issue/requirement a bit detailed manner? Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

It's not your fault. Here's the situation: I have a fix/inspect form that we are using to calculate values based on the lot number field where the user enters a lot number. The user enters a lot number in the lot number field and when he/she exits the field I show a pushbutton that the user uses to clear the fields after the program calculates the values. Now when the user clicks the shown pushbutton it is hidden again and shown again when the user enters a new lot number and exits the field. Now the pushbutton does hide when it is clicked but when the user enters a new lot number and exits the field the program just highlights the field where the new lot number was entered so the pushbutton does not show up and no calculation of values can be done because the form won't allow it. I hope this is enough detail for you.

Thanks

hi cgood,

thanx for clarifying, because i didn't understand your problem either at first.

some more questions for you:
1. did i understand correctly: only the *1st* time the lot is entered & the field is exited, the calculation is done correctly?
2. what exactly do you mean by "the form won't allow it"? (what exactly do you see?)
3. how does the user exit the lot number field? (tab out, click on a different control, ...)
4. are you sure the 'control exited/changed inline' event of your lotnumber field doesnt fire? (did you check with ER-debugger?)

Hi CGood,

Joining to Omer's reply/questions, here is some other question:

1.) Would be great a ScreenShot about your form.
2.) Would be great to see your related ER Codes in a TXT file

Regards,

Zoltán

I have attached a word document with the print screens of the application and the text file with the event rules.

Thanks for all your help

Attachments

• 163336-Hide and Unhide button.doc
    216 KB · Views: 102
Hi CGood,

Thanks for the attachments. Now your scenrio is more clear, but tell the truth, not totally.

I quickly checked the attachments, so in the first round my suggestion Hide the Clear Scren button either in the Post Button Clickd event of the button or in the Control Is Entered event of Lot number field.

Please, keep us informed. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Control Is Entered event of Lot number field is OK for fat client apps but does not work on HTML as for Post Button Clicked event of the button it does workin fat client except when you enter a new lot number and tab out of the field nothing happens and the vaue in the lot number field is highlighted. Any thoughts ???

Thanks again for your wisdom

Back