help with reports & versions

JDEboy

Guys hi,
My folks asked me to copy all objects, specs, setup tables from PY to PD, I did that (including copy all tables in PY7333 to PD7333. I am not saying that this is the reason of the issues that i have but I am telling you the story from beginning.
Now I have some real issue that I counter for the first time in my life:
1- Some reports (even the ready made) don’t allow you to make copy from any of its versions while using the batch version P98305 and it gives you an error “Version is not in your Server/Environ”, but you can copy it to a new version from the OMW. The debug give the following error “OMW - Failed to fetch from table F983051 in OMWVersion::IsWebOnly”
2- When submitting reports, some of them are working normally others are showing you the UBE engine working in the task bar, then it disappear and nothing come up… even no adobe started nothing, while others reports are working fine. And the logs don’t show you any kind of errors for this issue.
3- Also when making a new version from any reports sometimes it shows in the batch version in 2 lines, which mean if you create a version called xyz, you will find in the batch version 2 lines for the same xyz version!!!!

Guys any help will be REALLY appreciated

You need to copy all the PY Object Librarian records (F9861) and Version records (F983051) as PD records, this should cover the problems you describe. Also check out your OCM and other System Tables to ensure PD is set up like PY.

I have a feeling there are some other things you need to do, but can't remember them off hand. I am sure there are other Listers who can help here.

carl,
as i said in the begining of this issue, i did copy all the tables in py7333 to pd7333 including those tables..so i dont think that this is the reason, and for the ocm i will copy all the py ocms to pd and i will try.
thanks

JDEBOY....

When you copy the central objects and versions, the original path
code/environment gets copied with it. So in effect, if you copied the PY
versions to PD, and you look in the F983051 table in PD, under VRENHV,
all records will say "PY7333", thus, when you are logged into PD, any
version says "not in server/environ". You need to change this table.

The other area is the OL records need to be updated and I believe the UBE
that does this is R989861.

As far as the error message, with Update 6 came a new table F98305V which
is used to store "skinny versions", or Web Only versions. If I had to
guess, the error is being generated because when the app can't find the
version in the F983051 (because the VRENHV is set to PY7333), it looks to
see if the version requested is a skinny version and can't find it in the
F98305V as well.

Good Luck,

Jim

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 01:52:12 -0800 (PST) JDEboy <[email protected]>
writes:
My folks asked me to copy all objects, specs, setup tables
Now I have some
1- Some reports (even the ready made) don’t allow you
2- When submitting reports,
3- Also when m!

Guys any help will be REALLY appreciated

Hi. I am assuming you did the copying using SQL Server rather than using OneWorld reports? If so, you will encounter some problems. In addition to the databases you have copied, you need to copy the PY7333 OL records as well (changing these to reflect PD7333). These are held in the F9861 table. You will also need to make changes in the F983051 for PD7333. There is a field in this table representing environment - if you did the copy as assumed, you will find the PD version of F983051 table (environment field) contains references to PY7333.

Have a look at document OTI-01-0026 on the Knowledge Garden. This may help you.

Regards,

Sanjeev
CNC Consultant

Jim, thanks
That was the problem for cant copying a report's version, i modified that column in F983051 to PD7333 and that solve this problem. But still I have a funny thing which is when I create a copy from a version it create double line for that version in the F983051..and it appear in the batch version also as double line (2 version with same name same info same every thing)….what u think????
Also I didn’t use yet R989861, do u think that this report will help?? can you please provide me with more detailed instruction about it.

Sanjeev, yes i did copy the database with SQL, also I copied the PY7333 folder to PD7333. i checked F9861 i found for each object multiple lines, one line for each environment so i am really confused...what u want me to do with that table "which seem to me very dangerous to play with :)) "

Thanks guys for your help.

JDEBoy,

In reference to your double versions, it sounds like your F983051 isn't indexed properly. Re-index it through OMW and you won't have any more of the double versions. I believe you'll have to clean up the double entries in the F983051 before you re-index or you'll get duplicate key errors. Good luck.

Back