Headerless Detail Import Records Issue

Jashua

Jashua

Hi Everyone,

I am using Headerless Detail Form and uploading Excel Data into the Grid using JDEImport Icon. At the time of populating the records into the Grid, I have to validate those Fields.

E.g. Uploading Order Template Values like, Customer No, Order Template, 2ndItem No, Effective Date and Expired Date.

I am Validating Customer No, 2ndItem No using BSFN and Order Template using UDC.

At the time of uploading the Records into the Grid,
the following events are firing:

Uploading 3 Excel Reocrds.
Row is Exited --- 1
Row is Entered
Row is Selected
Row is Exited --- 2 (1st GC Value)
Row is Exit & Changed Inline
Row is Exit & Changed Async
Row is Entered
Row is Selected
Row is Exited --- 3 (2nd GC Value)
Row is Entered
Row is Selected
Row is Exited --- 4 (3rd GC Value)
Row is Entered
Row is Selected

But, if I write my Validation Code in Row Exited event, in Gird the cursor always point out to the first line first column. When I press the down arrow key, then the validation taking place and showing error in invalid data.

If I come down further, that error message disappear.
I have tried in "Row is Entered, Row Exit & Changed Inline" event also.

Can anyone suggest me out with this issue?

Thanks,
Jashua.

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is you face, but from the process you describe, I'd say you'd have to put it in Row is exited & changed; either Inline or Async depending on what you want.

Is there a clear errors in any of the other events?

Best regards,

Jerry

Code your validation logic in the grid event, Row is Exit & Changed Inline -- this will process every record.

Hi Jerry / MDalton ,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the import functionality happening in one form and that form having Grid Control only.
The purpose of the Form is to import records from Excel.
As I mentioned in my previous post, the control is firing that sequence of flow.

Now I did the debug and placed all the validation code in the "Control is Exited Changed Inline" event.

The imported records are validated successfully.

The only thing is , if I upload only one records, I have to come down to the next line to validate that record. Otherwise everything is workig fine.

Once again thanks for all...

Back