Headerless Detail Form ??

SMMM

Hi,
I have an application with sIngle Headerless Detail form, which does updates (only) to a custom jde table. Upon pressing OK button, the application closes, which is normal.

I do not want to close the form after pressing OK button. Is there any way to achieve this?

regards,

As a quick thought, try placing a PRESS BUTTON &FIND w/in the &OK BUTTON-BUTTON CLICKED.

Gene

surendra,
On the Form Properties, click the Options button and there should be an option that says End Form on Add. Make sure that this is not checked. That may make a difference.
Janine

On the OK Button Post Clicked Event there is probably a line of code that is pressing the Cancel Button.

Surendra,

If you are invoking the detail form via a report interconnect from another form (e.g. Find/Select form, Select button clicked) you can check the 'Modeless' option of Form Inteconnect. This will prevent the detail form from ending on an OK button click.

Barry

Surendra,
I think you should consider Barry's answer. The standards JDE way to write applications is to have a Find/Browse form from which you can access headerless detail and fix/inspect forms. My experience is that applications developed this way are usually easier to handle than any custom ideas.
By the way... Do you want to see the same records after "OK"? This is not a standard funcionality, this is rather something like "Store". In this case a practical solution would be to have an extra "Store Data" functionality where the inserts/updates are coded in ER. I guess it can be achieved on the OK button as well by somehow stopping its processing (you can try some of the system functions).
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

From past experience, using a HEADERLESS DETAIL as the
"entry point" causes stuff to "not work (well)". Use the
Find/Browse, as suggested by Gergely.

Gene

Back