Full package install issue on terminal server

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
I have installed a full package for DV and am trying to install a full pacakge for PD. I shut off all my anti-virus software, I go to Add / Remove program, select set.exe, and the client workstation installation begins. After the productions objects install completely, 100%, and when the Foundation objects begin to install, I get an popup error "Client Workstation Setup: A sharing violation occured while accessing n:\B7\System\Bin32\ACCUGNT5.dll. Please close this file and click retry. Clicking Cancel will abort the install". Then regardless if I click Retry or Cancel, I get another popup message that says "Client Workstation Setup: The error reported by the operating system is 'A shared region was locked'. Please run setup again." Yet each and every time I get this message. Any clues? Thanks,
confused.gif

Are you doing this from the console of the machine? And you have rebooted, make sure no users on the server etc?

Nick

Hi Fred,

If you have checked that no users are active when carrying out the package installation and you are still having this issue, it sounds like something that we experienced not long ago on our B9 installation. It's possibly linked to Autopilot. There is a document somewhere on the PeopleSoft/Oracle site describing this issue.

When we hit this issue, we had to unregister jdboledb.dll, reboot Server and then the installation completed successfully.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

We had the same issue on TS with the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service running. We disabled this service and everything installed ok.

You have open connections to your TSE server. Reboot TSE server and make sure no use is connected

Back