Freight Update (R4981) not updating sales orders

Rmoody

I have a situation where JDE transportation experts have verifed that all of the required set-up is in place but we are still seeing some orders not being updated with freight when R4981 runs. The order status, load status, and shipment status all update correctly but no line is being added. We are also having trouble replicating the issue. Oracle is pointing us toward a possible memory leak. Has anyone else had this issue and if you were able to correct it please let me know...Thanks....

Hi
You are telling you have done all setup properly..
Still i want to tell you have add the freight charges in confirm shipment
and also activate this service in customer billing instruction please check
out once again.

Thanks & Regards
Satish Narkhede
S & D
JDE

Please advise what you mean by "add the freight charge in confirm shipment"? Our process is to complete a Load Confirm, Ship Confirm, Delivery Confirm, and then run Freight update to add the freight line to the order. The instances where it is not adding seem to be random. We did check the customer billing instructions and Apply Freight is activated.

When you are doing ship cinfirm that time one screen comes of freight that
time you have to add freight charges.

Thanks & regards
'Satish Narkhede
S & D
JDE

If you haven't already tried it, you might want to make a copy of F4945 each night before you run the freight update. This is the table that holds all the freight charges before they get applied to a sales order or A/P. Then you could at least narrow down the problem as something that's definitely going wrong in Freight Update vs somewhere else in the order entry/shipping process. If freight doesn't get applied to a sales order, but you see the record in F4945 before freight update ran, you should even be able to duplicate the issue in debug. Unless of course it is a memory leak, in which case all I can say is Good Luck!

Rmoody,
either on XE, ERP8, 8.10 and 8.12 we always had terrible trouble with that R4981 but on the Payable charge side, we didn't had to use billable charges.
When testing the batch for 1 or 2 shipments or loads it always worked, but on large amount of records it get lost wihtout any error reported. Sometimes when more than 999 records to go through F4945, sometimes with less than 500.
Sometimes F4945 wasn't deleted, sometimes F4981 wasn't populated or twice or 3 times, sometimes F0901 (or F0911) was also populated twice or 3 times or not.... and it was sloooooooooooow.
We had to rewrite the batch in order to have it more stable and JDE didn't wanted to test with the databse I sended them (too large and too complex to organize).

Has anyone had problems with R4981 ?

Fred

Hi Fred -

Thanks for the input. We believe we located the issue. We took complete table pulls of the F4945, F4941, and F4215 before and after R4981 ran. In our testing, R4981 was deleting F4945 records for shipements that were not even through ship-confirm yet. Even tough we had data selection on shipment status it still deletes records that are "not eligible" for freight update. We held a webex with Oracle and sent them the before and after files but since they said they cannot duplicate it they would not open a SAR.

To fix the problem we forced all RATR values in the F4941 table to 1 right before freight update runs. This forces a "re-calculation" of the freight charge so it did not matter in the F4945 record was previously deleted. Works fine now....

Thanks

Hi!
We went live with freight update about two weeks ago and one week in our batch ship confirm (R42500) started to get stuck in the queue which resulted in us having to terminate it.
I see lot's of records leftover in F47132 which I am assume is due to the termination but any others ideas as to why our ship confirm might be failing?
We don't have a problem with database locks and it seems that the pattern (some work some don't) occurs when more then one job is submitted within a five minute period. In that case the first one gets stuck, we terminate it and then the following ones all work.
Once terminated our freight update works fine and then we invoice and run through sales update however this is becoming quite a problem.

Much appreciated.

Back