freight line creation

Jim Martin

I'm developing interfaces to FedEx and UPS that will retrieve freight via the web using SOAP & XML, and automatically apply it to the order. Ideally I would create the freight line at order entry time, and it would cover all stock lines.

In partial ship orders, should I create logic to split the freight line and advance only the portion that pertains to the current shipment? And then there's the problem of order changes after a freight line was created- should I include more logic to recalc upon each order change?

Has anyone ever done any work in this area? I've worked with other ERP systems that carried freight within each line record- that proved easier because whatever happened to the line happened to the freight.

Thanks, Jim

In our business environment, we have 2 staging tables:

1. Outbound from JDE to UPS and
2. Inbound from UPS to JDE.

JDE Ship confirm inserts a record into Outbound Table which UPS software reads when the order no. is scanned. UPS software uses ODBC connection to this outbound JDE table.

Next as soon as the order is processed in UPS software, it inserts a record into inbound table. The shipping cost, weight etc are real values of shipping.

Then in JDE there is a UBE that runs in scheduler and it looks for unprocessed record in this inbound table (UPS to JDE). If it finds one, it adds the freight line to that order based on this record information. This UBE runs every 15 mins in the scheduler.

In our case we don't have to worry about partial orders as the UPS system uses Order No/ Order Type/ Shipment no as primary key for search.

So basically every order/shipment will add a new freight line to the order. An order can have multiple freight lines in that case.

Thanks
Gautam

We are looking into interfaces between JDE and UPS & FEDEX. What are the inbound and outbound tables? If you can point me to where I can find information and documentation on these types of interfaces that would be great. Feel free to contact me offline @ [email protected]

TIA

Can you mention the staging tables pls?? I need to import purchase orders created in other system in to JDE.
I would require the Z files for purchase orders or want to know know the staging tables you are referring.

Back