Freight Add to PO

rwilsonct

Is there a way to automatically add a FIXED freight charge to certain PO's other than manually adding a line. I want freight to be $xx regardless of line Qty. To my knowledge, Landed Cost does not work because it will always extend the freight charge by the line Qty. Any suggestions on how to add a Fixed charge ?

If it is a one line PO (not multi-line), you can try what I do on the Sales
Order side to add a fixed fee automatically. Turn on advanced pricing, and
try adding a 'free goods' adjustment, with the fixed fee built in as the
price of the free item. I've never tested free goods on the PO side, so its
not a definite thing, but it might work.

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

One quick idea is to look at Advanced Pricing through Procurement... you
could possibly set it up that way... let me know. thanks, Bobby

We use Options and Equipment to attach them. We have handling charges that some customers impose if they need to schedule an crew to unload for us. We have O/E defined for the customer and for containerized items. We have a rate definition for the handling charge and attach it to a rate schedule. It only gets pulled in when the customer and item match.

I don't recall who told us about this. There may be a white paper on it - although I can't find one right now. Transportation Preferences will get you started on O/E.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more detail.

Re: RE: Freight Add to PO

Free goods works fine man! I tesetd it today. It has one little problem, though. At least in Xe. If you enter some quantity that makes a free good to appear and then change that quantity down the system cancels free good line and there is no way to gat it working again by increasing the quantity. It always says 'Line invalid'.
In all other ways it works fine.

Back