forms and tracking

E1 Developer

We are starting a new E1 8.11 implementation and need some way to track package builds, promotions, data dictionary updates etc. Does anyone have any good suggestions? A consultant on the project has a whole bunch of word documents and an access database, but it isn’t very flexible. Ideas? What do you use?

We track our package builds, data dictionary changes, program changes, and security changes in a Lotus Notes database. Of course, it helps that we use Notes for our corporate e-mail.

We have a very sophisticated Lotus Notes Enterprise Change Control database. We use it for tracking ESUs, program changes, new users, user security changes, terminated users and so on. We also use for non-JDE changes as well. Every JDE security group has an assigned business owner (or two) that must approve all production changes. We use this database for our internal and external auditors to ensure that we are following SOX rules.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

We use an Access database. We are "fortunate" that we have a small staff (2 IT techs) that make all changes to the system. I know this is not even close to the real world, but the resulting database and related reports did pass muster with our auditors...

Hi there-
I have seen different tools in different clients: spreadsheets, access dbs, lotus dbs, etc. At my last client we used an online system that allowed for online forms to request all those things: CNC packages, promotions, track custom programs, etc. It is at faccit.com.

AJ

[ QUOTE ]
At my last client we used an online system that allowed for online forms to request all those things: CNC packages, promotions, track custom programs, etc. It is at faccit.com.
AJ

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty cool. Thanks

Back