Fixed Assets

pianosynth

Reputable Poster
We are trying to implement Fixed Assets in our test environment. When we try to add a record from P1201Z1, we get 2 errors and can't save any records.
Error: Records Not Selected
Error: Next Number Not Found
According to the documentation on the BSFN, it should be pulling the Next Number from the 1st bucket of system 47. I have verified that there is a NN in sys 47 (it is currently 101,000). It is also supposed to build a partial key from batch number, NN and userID and check for unique records in F47002 (which is currently empty). If the key is not unique, it should keep checking 100 times, incrementing the NN each time. If still not unique, it should return a value of zero into FC Transaction Number. This doesn't appear to be happening. Have I missed something basic or simple in trying to setup Fixed Assets? Is F47002 being empty part of my problem? Any suggestions or tips from those more experienced with FA will be greatly appreciated.

B733.2, SP 15, Oracle 8.1.6, HP 9000
Win2K, Citrix 1.8, NFuse

If I'm not mistaken, Fixed Assets is system code 12. So you would need to set-up you fixed assets next numbers under system code 12. You are correct that the program looks at the first field in the next number form. System 47 is "Electronic Commerce" or something. This should eliminate your Next Number error. If you're still getting the other error, let me know.

KSmith

Hi,

Was your issue above ever resolved? I am currently having the same problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Samukelo

Back