Fixed Asset F1202 conversion

chiefcook2002

System provides conversion program for F1201 to convert master asset data. However, it seems there are no programs available to convert asset balances. Can you share the best way to convert the balance data. If you have some documentation, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

I do not know of any tool to load the F1202. I have always had to have a program written to load the key data into the F1202 from an excel spreadsheet. There only a few fields you need to enter; without checking you need the asset ID, Cost, Accum Depr, Salvage. I am probably missing something. Remember that you need this info for each ledger type you are maintaining.

I'm used to upload F1202 from GL Ledger Batch input, thus F0911Z1 -> F0911 -> F1202

This is (IMHO) the best solution to have also FA balances in sync with GL transactions.

You obviously may need a transitory account to offset Cost and Accumulated Depreciation transactions in your conversion JE.

Regards, ciao.

Carlo

Not sure what version you run but here's how we do it in ERP8
1)Use excel as control sheet for master data and balances
2)Upload Master data in ususal way - this creates an F1202 record in current year with no balances
3)Go to Asset master maintenance with beginning balances setup. On Form exit select Beginning balance adjustments and do find on each of the oject accounts where data added (display records in same grid sequence as excel sheet)
The newly added records are displayed without balances
4) Copy and paste balances in

Not rocket science but works fine. Downside is that you need to load balances as off start of current year

dratkowiak , ccornagg, Chekov,

Thanks for your replies. Chekov, your method of adding balances will work but you will load one at a time. This will be a time consuming right?

ccornagg, updating the F1202 via the General Ledger (F0902) might good way. I am looking for specific steps involved. Does it require changes to Ledger type constants? Thanks

The first step is for sure FA Master upload through R1201Z1I
It your depreciation default setup is correct (see P12002) you will get one
F1201 record per each item and one F1202 record (see CHCD = '1' = Asset
Cost) per each item / ledger type you are going to use.
You GL open period (see P0010) is important in order to define Fiscal Year
used by R1201Z1I for F1202 booking.

Usually I suggest to upload Asset Cost and Accumulated Depreciation only,
thus for example if my customer Fiscal Year starts at 01/01/07 I'm going to
generate several JEs with GL date 31/12/06.
One JE per each item and ledger type.
Three lines per each JE (Asset Cost / Accumulated Depreciation / Offset
Account).
In other words: 1000 asset with 2 ledger types means 6000 F0911Z1 records.

*BEFORE* FA posting (R12800) you have to disable "Post Cost from this
Ledger" setup in you P0025 (ledger type setup / fixed asset rules) in order
to avoid double bookings in your F1202 for Asset Cost only [please exit OW
since it's a "cached setup"].

*AFTER* GL posting (R09801) and FA posting (R12800) you can reverse your big
JE with a summarized one (1 F0911 record per each account, thus without
asset detail).
The reverse entry will be posted in GL only and F0911.GLBRE field will be
update to "P" by using P12102 since you don't want to reverse anything in
your FA balance table (F1202).

When accounting guys are happy with previous year balances I'm going to run
R12855 (year end procedure) in order to fill in F1202.FLAPYC (balance
forward) for the next year (go-live date).

Does this make sense with you ?

Ciao,

Carlo

2007/2/22, chiefcook2002 <[email protected]>:

Carlo, Thanks for detailed explanation. Certainly, this will help!

Hi Chekov,

Rather old post but let me try my luck. I am interested in understanding more about your approach. If I follow what you say, do balances in my F0902 get updated as well if I allow JEs to be created in processing options of P12130? If I refer Oracle Support doc id: 626063.1, section "Beginning Balances P12130", it talks about this approach as well. In my case client is following fiscal year from Jul to Jun and going live on Sep 1.

Also, once we get balances as of Jul 1 2013, how will we handle depreciation for Jul and Aug as we don't need to run that in JDE. Can we run R12855 and set PO so that it does not create JE for AA ledger? But even in that case D1 ledger transactions will get created. How best can such a scenario be handled?? Cheers mate..

Back