Finding an Application

shiju

Is there an application called P42565 and P42520? It says so in the P.O of P4205 and the Eguide.
I checked in OMW, IV and the table that holds the objects also but couldn't find it.
If someone could help please revert on this immediately.

There are batch applications called R42565 (print invoices) and R42520 (print pick slips) - note the Rxxx rather than Pxxx, which will indicate a batch rather than interactive application. Our P4205 refers to Rxxx, if the eGuide refers to Pxxx then this could be an old reference to World Software, which used Pxxx for both batch and interactive app's

Regards

Neil.

Hi Neil,

Yeah but it says so in the Processing Option as well. The Processing Option is to print Invoices automatically. I'm actually trying to run R42565 in a subsystem and there is a Processing Option for doing this - P4205 -> PO -> Print Tab. Please check it out. It mkes a ref to P42565.

Hi shiju,

As far as I know, (as Neil mentioned), OW preserved some naming convention from World software.

This occurs in many place in OW, where you have to select (designate) a UBE process in Processing Option or in APPL. You should select/enter Pxxyyy, but it will be interpreted as Rxxyyy at runtime.

I do not know, I remember well, but when you have select (designate) an APPL process in Processing Option or in APPL. You should select/enter EPxxyyy, but it will be interpreted as Pxxyyy at runtime.

This is just an anachronism.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi,

We're currently on B7333 update 7 and our subsystem invoice on the tab you refer to is R42565. Maybe this is just a typo/error on your release?

I see you posted another qu re subsystem jobs, if no one else replies I'll put something on there later regard these, but it's definately R42565 version ZJDE0002 (or a copy) you need.

Regards

Neil.

Hi Zoltan

I want to work with preference profiles, the program I am searching for is P42520 (Preference Profile Program) but this program is not found in JDE. Even if you don't consider prefix like P/R it goes to R42520 (Print Pick Slip) program. How does P42520 relate to Prefernce Profiles which is mentioned in E guide for OneWorld Xe.

I checked the processing options on the P4205 on my system, and it refers to
R42565. Would you include your system information in your next post? Maybe
it is something specific to the version you are on.

Can you point us toward the section in the eguide where you are reading
about preference profiles? I would like to take a look at what it says, to
see if I can help you out. I checked on our system and there is no P42520.

I did go into OMW and did a description search on *Preference* and found a
whole series of programs with a description starting Preference Profile and
the object names are P403xx.

Re: RE: Finding an Application

Hey Ellen

Thanks for the response.

The topic in the E Guide is Processing Options for Sales Order Entry. Page nos are 83 and 86. You could also do a search in the Eguide - P42520 and could find it.

I was also under the impression that 42565 and 42520 are reports until I saw P42565 and P42520 appear in the Eguide and the PO for P4205.

Ellen I told you about the Processing Option for P4205. In print tab the heading states R42565 and when u read the description about the field you caould see it state P42565 to activate the job in the subsystem.

Please Revert....

Re: RE: Finding an Application

I took a look in the online documentation I have for Xe and found the following:

Processing Options for Sales Order Entry (P4210)
Versions Tab
1. Pick Slip Print (R42520)
...Print Pick Slip program (P42520)...
3. Pick Slip Print On Demand (R42520)
...Print Pick Slip On Demand program (R42520)...
6. Preference Profile (P40070)
...Preference Profiles program (P42520)...
12. Print Invoice (R42565)
...Print Invoice program (R42565)...
...Print Invoice program (R42565)...

There are definitely a couple of typo's. The thing you need to know is this:
Pick Slip Print is R42520
Preference Profile is P40070
Print Invoice is R42565

I've also attached a screen shot of the PO's for P4205 on my system. It definitely shows the correct description. You haven't included your system information in any of your posts, so I'm guessing you are on an older version than I and your version has a typo that's been corrected in my version.

It is really helpful to the people answering questions to know the system information of the person asking the question. If you go into the profile area on JDE List, there is a place where you can fill in signature information. You can add your name and system information here, so that it is added to the bottom of all of your posts automatically.

Good Luck,

Attachments

• 80498-POs.doc
    51 KB · Views: 92
Back