Financial Reports Performance

Pragati

We have a report which has 7 tabular sections. It takes about 60 minutes to run. The companies that we run the report for do not have a large CoA structure, therefore the F0902 is not huge. We have other financial reports also which have 2 or less tabular sections and they take less than 5 minutes to run for the same set of companies. My questions are:
(i) Does having more tabular sections so severly affect performance?
(ii) What is the best way around it?

Hi Pragati,

Having more sections should not be a problem if they are processing in a non-taxing way. Although what you can do is check following things:
1. Make sure that table used by the main section is having an index with all the fields used in the data selection followed by data sequence.
2. Run this report and get SQL statement from JDEDEBUG.log for the main data selection and run that in Optimizer to check whether SQL statement also take a long time to run. Also see if Optimizer recommends you any index.
3. Try to filter as much data as possible in data selections.
4. Check for any unnecessary "While" Loops.
5. Check whether report is clearing records from some Workfile or table by going record by record. It should not do that rather it should get Environment variable and delete all records for clearing tables.

Hope it helps.

Agree with all of Nish's thoughts. One more thing is to check the Busines View(s) to see what type of join, inner/outer etc. Are you using the standard V83.... if so this can slow you down, maybe? Just some more things to check out. Yes by all means to turn on logging to get your sql statements that get created and make sure you having matching indices. You may be shocked by the format of the sql statements that get sent. Even though in your business view you are doing a join the sql statement that gets processed will probably not contain a join statement but a where clause. So if there are no supporting indices it will be read sequentially and do a compare. At least that is what I have found in many cases. Good luck - Angelis

and if all else fails. i recommend grabing the jdedebug.log and putting it through the performance workbench tool to figure out where the time is spent. logparse level 5, generate timing gaps, and call stack might help you analyse.

Back