Filtering data by current date in a UBE

brailk

I am new to modifying UBE's. I have a simple UBE in which I have been asked to filter the data by today's date. I am trying to use data selection to accomplish this. I have created a report variable in the header section of the report to which I assign the system value SL Today's Date. The date assigned is displayed correctly in the report. I have made the report variable global.

In the data selection on the detail section of the report I have put in an entry that says the date field on which I want to filter the data (Check date in this case) must be equal to the RV with today's date described above.

The result is no data is displayed. I know there is data to be displayed for the current date. Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong, or another way to go about this.

Thanks in advance.

Ken.

Ken,

It sounds like that should work. The only concern I'd have is that (and I do not know the UBE engine well enough to be certain) the data selection may be taking place prior to the 'Do' section on the page header.

Another option is to use the system functions:
Set Selection Append Flag(Yes)
Set User Selection (your BV field, =, today's date, and)

Do this in the Initialize section event of your main section. This should work for you.

In your UBE, using the Initialize Event, use the following two system
Functions to accomplish your data selection

1) Set Selection Append Flag(should probably be set to *yes)
2) Set User Selection(you can specify your date selection against business
view field.

Good luck

Thanks Jeremy.

I tried your second suggestion using the system functions and it worked.

Back