F0911 BSFNs - Same batch different doc type

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
Hi, does any one know if it's possible to use the F0911 BSFNs (Begin Doc, Edit Line, End Doc) to create a single batch containing Journal Entries with different Document Numbers and Document Types?

If it is possible, how would I change the Doc Type half way through the cycle where I populate the cache, would I use the Edit Document function?

Thanks.

If you want to create a separate batch with different doc/type, then you will have to call a separate routine of Begin/Edit/End doc. I haven't tried it, but it may work.

Thanks for the reply Zaki.

The users want all the records (including different Doc Types) in the same batch. I know this is possible because it can be done manually using the P0911, I'm guessing the Edit Doc should be used but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

Are you calling the MSTR BSFN correctly?
Does it work if you have all the same DCTs even?

Hi John.

I figured this out in the end. You can call the Begin Doc/Edit Line/End Doc combination as many times as you want within a single batch, even with different Doc Types.

Thanks for your input.

Good
smile.gif

And in answer to your Edit Doc question....
That's just for the system to check it all balances etc before you call the End doc.
You don't have to call it.

I looked at the P0911 App screen to figure out how to call it correctly. Got there in the end
smile.gif

Back