F01911 GLSUMM = zero

DShea

Field GLSUMM in F0911 is supposed to represent if the record has been 'summarized'. It's supposed to be either blank (not summarized), or 'Y' (summarized). I have seen two different places where GLSUMM was set to zero (0).

This appears to be coming from AP.

Why is this zero? These records appear to not get summarized.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I have the same problem.. GLSUMM in F0911 carries two different values other than 'Y' and 'Blank'. These are '0' and '1'. There are thousands of records and most likely coming from AP

Hi,

this seems to me a bug from XT4314ZN (Voucher Match MBF).

Please look at SAR 8245791 "wrong GLSUMM value in
F0911": unfortunately they discovered present issue but they are simply updating '0' to 'N' and '1' to 'Y' instead of using blank (!).

F0911.GLSUMM field should be (IMHO) always blank unless the same record has been included in a "BF - Balance Forward" transaction by R09811 "Summarize Transactions".
F0911.GLSUMM field has nothing to deal with P4314 summarization PO as you can see in XT4314ZN code.

Regards, ciao.

Carlo
Xe SP23

Thanks a lot!

So the values of '0' and '1' are incorrect. However, does this have an impact on anything? i.e. batches, applications…

I just changed XT4314ZN to have GLSUMM ' ' (blank) at any time. The main
reason was: I'm running a R098011 version (52 period posting) with GLSUMM =3D
' ' data selection.

In other words:
I cannot answer you on whether wrong values in F0911.GLSUMM field are
affecting your system, it depends on your data selection setup.
In general I do prefer fixing data and software consistency instead of
changing organizational procedures to deal with software bugs.

Ciao,

Carlo
Xe SP23

2007/5/3, rissa <[email protected]>:

The impact I have experienced will be that when you summarize the records using the R09811 - Summarize Transactions UBE, the records with '0' in the GLSUMM field are not included in the total (GLAA) of the newly created 'BF' records. It appears the summarize routine only includes records with a value of space in the GLSUMM field.

As usual, great info sharing!

We are on XE, and the data selection, inside the init. section is

GLSUMM <> 'Y'

have a look BEFORE even testing it.

Back