F00165

pianosynth

Reputable Poster
I posted this on the technical forum and got little response. Maybe one of the developers can help...
We have redirected our Media Objects to a network drive to enable us to isolate the HR stuff from the rest of the company. Mapping of the G drive occurs within a login script and all of this is working fine. Occasionally, we have SAN problems and if a user tries to view something that has a Media attachment while the drive is unavailable, the entry in the F00165 is erased for that attachment. Ok, so I made a backup of the F00165, F5900165, and have a scheduled job that backs up F00165 nightly. Still all works OK. Now, I'm trying to write a UBE that compares the 2 tables and if an entry exists in F5900165 but not F00165, restores the missing entry to F00165. My data source is PD7333 for both tables, but frequently the UBE looks at OBJ7333.F00165 or DD7333.F00165 and gives me false information. I can't figure out why the data source changes seemingly without logical cause. I could do an OCM map, but without knowing why the table exists in the other data sources, I'm reluctant to go that route. Is there a BSFN that will let me declare unequivocally which datasource to use? If so, could you also includes any tips or gotchas regarding the BSFN?

Rather than using a UBE - have you thought about using a Table Conversion?

TC provide better control over the source/destination than a UBE...

Another alternative is to look at the way the PrintQueue reports are created - since they do an override database... but, that would be a long tedious venture - that may not be fully supported going forward.

Daniel
The west is looking greener...

Back