Excel input tools for journals, AP, AR

gatorfan

I am an accountant, new to JDE. The version is really old, from late 90's, and I seriously need help on input tools for JE (journal entry), Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.

At the moment everything is a manual entry, one by one. But the transaction volume will be increasing, thus a good tool is needed.

Specifically, I would appreciate to know if the following is possible:
- Excel template to copy-paste journal entry, or
- Any way to upload the transactions from Excel file into JDE, including JE, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable

Sorry I am really new so your "easy" explanations would be very helpful...

Thank you

gatorfan,

If your company is licensed to use JD Edwards World software, you can create an account on the Oracle support site to download the appropriate World Financial manuals for General Accounting, A/P, and A/R. (I believe you can also search for Knowledge documents that explain the different Batch Processing topics.) In the manuals read the sections on Batch Processing. If your menus haven't been customized, you'd probably use G09311, G04311, G03311. I'm not sure if there are others that you would need.

Once upon a time I used IBM's workstation emulation called PC Support to connect to the S/38. Now I use Personal Communications iSeries Access for Windows. Both allowed me to transfer files between my PC & the AS/400 & its successors.

debi

Back