Error following workflow link from Lotus Notes back to JDE

Chris Quinn

I have purchase requistions being emailed from JDE workflow to users to begin the approval process. However, when the user clicks the link she logs in ok, but gets 'Object doesn't support this action' in Lotus Notes.

Is this an issue in Lotus Notes? Is there a plugin or upgrade that can be applied in Notes?

Notes is configured to launch IE inside of Notes. If I change Notes to launch IE outside of Notes that works but I would like to this work inside Notes.

I'll try attaching a snagit of the error.

Any direction on launching JDE from inside Notes will be greatly appreciated.

This is JDE E1 e900, TR 8.98.1, IE 7, OAS, Win Server 2003.

Attachments

• 161165-Lotus Notes error.jpg
    161165-Lotus Notes error.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 85
[ QUOTE ]
I have purchase requistions being emailed from JDE workflow to users to begin the approval process. However, when the user clicks the link she logs in ok, but gets 'Object doesn't support this action' in Lotus Notes.

Is this an issue in Lotus Notes? Is there a plugin or upgrade that can be applied in Notes?

Notes is configured to launch IE inside of Notes. If I change Notes to launch IE outside of Notes that works but I would like to this work inside Notes.

I'll try attaching a snagit of the error.

Any direction on launching JDE from inside Notes will be greatly appreciated.

This is JDE E1 e900, TR 8.98.1, IE 7, OAS, Win Server 2003.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Chris

We have been using this kind of workflow for years using notes and a webserver. However, we call IE outside of Lotus Bloat, not inside. My personal experience with trying to call a webpage (any kind of web page, not just JDE) from with in Lotus Bloat has been frustrating at best. Even trying to copy and paste from a webpage into an email in Loutus Bloat tends to crash it. I would recommend you stick with the external call.

- Gregg

I have worked quite a bit with Notes and concur with Gregg (without the disparaging name, although it WAS slow/ugly prior to 8.5) that any links need to be opened in a browser outside of the Notes fat client. There are simply quirks with the browser(s) inside of Notes.

Got it! I'll stick with external browser interface call.

Thanks for replies. -CQ

Back