Errant data on Tabular rpt lvl beaks

tmackin

Reputable Poster
I developed a tabular report with two level breaks using RDA. I am printing totals only. How do I get rid of the data from previous total line that prints at the level break? Printing total on hand inventory for an item, breaking on GLPT and PRP2. I am seeing the info for last item printing at both level break totals. The only data I want to see is GLPT and PRP2, how do I suppress Item number and description? TIA

OW B733 Cum 2 SP11.3, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3

If you look at the properties of the columns you don't want showing up on the level break, there is a check box on the Advanced tab that says Suppress at Totals. This will suppress the display of these unwanted items on the level breaks only.

Hope this helps.
Janine

OW B733.1 SP 14.2 AS400

Janine, thanks for getting back to me. My report has 3 level breaks, GLPT,
SRP1 and LITM. I am trying to summarize inventory onhand by all 3 breaks.
LITM prints okay but when the report breaks on the other 2, LITM and its
description print and is confusing for the user. I tried your suggestion on
LITM but then I lost it on its own level break. Any thoughts? TIA

OW B733 Cum 2 SP11.3, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3

Re: RE: Errant data on Tabular rpt lvl beaks

Although I haven't tried this myself, I would suggest trying to use the Column Inclusion Event Rules on GLPT and SRP1 and have them clear out the LITM when they break. That way, the fields would be clear when the level break prints. It would have to be checking the BC GLPT to the PC GLPT and when they don't match, clear the LITM fields. I don't know if this will work, but I didn't want to just not respond. I wish I had more suggestions for you.
Janine

OW B733.1 SP 14.2 AS400

Back