ERP8 Payroll

KSmithCPA

Reputable Poster
We are currenly in the middle of a ERP8 upgrade/implementation from Xe to ERP8 and I was wondering how many companies out there are up and running on ERP8 payroll/HR? If you are up and running, what kind of pitfalls did you encounter during the implementation?

Thanks in advance.

Ken,

My last client went live on ERP 8.0 the beginning of the year. There were not many pitfalls that you have not encountered with XE. I actually think it is a fairly good release. Not perfect but not terrible. They were on an AS400.

One major we had/have, is with interim checks. I say have because it is still not resolved. If you entered an interim check, got out of the interim workbench and wanted to enter another, you got a file not access error. You would have to exit OneWorld completely before entering another check. As long as you did not exit the workbench you could enter numerous checks without a problem. Most of the other issues we had were minor when it comes to XE.

Scott Warwick
Anderson Warwick Consulting Services Inc.

Scott,

Thanks for the tip. We will give that a test as soon as possible. We are on a very tight timeline, so anything that is uncovered early is a bonus.

Thanks again.

We are in the middle of implementing OW Xe upgrade 4 and the CNC people want us to consider moving to ERP 8. Any advice as to the issues that might be involved in this doing it at this point in our implementation? As I stated, we are about halfway there. Thanks

There should not be any set up issues. There is a few differences in functionality, a new way to process interims is one of them, but nothing earth shattering from a learning curve standpoint. Depending on where you are in your testing/CRP is the area I would be most concerned about. As an application consultant myself, I would have to evaluate how this might affect my project plan. You should do a full integrated CRP test on ERP8.0 at a minimum.

Not to get off topic,but have you applied the baseline ESU for payroll for your XE environment? IF not you cannot run the most current version of vertex and any additional SARs from JDE might require the baseline,

Scott Warwick

Scott,

Did you preform an erp8 upgrade or new install?

Did you run into any issues with the payroll reset not clearing all work tables correctly. I am having an issue of DBA's not calculating after a payroll reset.

Also, payroll taxes are calculating, but not being deducted from gross wages, giving us gross to net errors. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

New Install! We only had a few instances of work tables not clearing but that was with deleting interims (was a problem in XE as well) not a reset of payroll.

Concerning your tax issue - I know this sounds silly but what is your print value on the tax area information set up. If that is a Y, how many records do you have in the F070137.

Scott Warwick

At this point nothing is silly.

Print values are set to Y for taxes that are withheld from gross. I don't have a F070137 table... Could this be the problem? I don't see this table in Xe either. Is this a new table in ERP8?

I am going to guarantee that the F0701730 is culprit or not but it has attributed to a lot of problems with taxes, pretax deductions, gross wages, and taxable wages. It is new for all releases of OneWorld. For XE it is SAR 6024783 and for ERP8.0 it is 6024812. Hopefully this is your problem because if it isn't, I am not sure what it would be.

Scott Warwick

Opps. Looks like I missed that last zero. Yes, we have 361 records in the F0701730. GSS wants me to reapply the F07901 table. Hopefully this will be the answer. I'll post what happens.

Thanks.

Update. Reapplying the F07901 did not fix our problem. Still searching...

Back