ERP 8 Solution Explorer Roles & Security Workbench

dachterhof

Hi All,

I am currently working on an implementation of ERP 8. I am in the process of redoing the menu and security model that was adopted in the past. I have been able to create all new task views with the correct company tasks contained within each. I have also been able to creat a number of new roles that users can play. I also have used the fine cut utility to limit down what can and can not be seen by a certain group. My question is what is the interface between the roles that are used in Solution Explorer and the System Role reference in Security Workbench since these two applications do not pull from the same table. Can you make it so that the role that is chosen is how security in security workbench is determined or do you have to let people choose their roles in Solution Explorer but create each person a login with a different System Role in Security Workbench to get it to work?

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Drew

There is no tie in between Solution Explorer and Security Workbench. This is suppose to change as of ERP 9.

Solution Explorer control the menu options that user can see. We have one role per user.

Back