ERP 8.0, Demo Jr

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
List,

I was just given, what I was TOLD was, JDE 5/ERP 8.0 version of DEMO JR.
The README on the install cd says
"ERP 8.0 Demonstration, 1 of 1, 6/1/02", so I would _think_ that it is indeed ERP 8.0

I did a remove program to get rid of the old XE.
I installed from the CD.
I got my new SPC code.

When I fire the "new" demo jr up:
The login screen says XE.
Help, about, says b7333.
and OMW (add to project, release level) only goes up to 7333.

I called our contact who assured me that he did send ERP 8.0
I contacted some of our apps people, who told me that the "ERP 8.0" that they installed also says "XE".

My questions are:

Does the "demo jr" for ERP 8.0 exist?

If so, does it SAY that it's ERP 8.0?

Is there something additional I have to do to get the "ERP 8.0" that I installed to say "ERP 8.0"?

OR, is it more likely, that my copy was burned from the wrong, or an old version of demo jr?

TIA

Gene

Gene,

Doesn't sound right to me. I have ERP8.0 demo jr. installed and, although it does say Xe on the spash screen the help/about says release B7334 SP 19. Also OMW allows you to enter B7334 as project release level.

The install disc I have says ERP 8.0 SCE 8.0 dated June 2002. It also has a large number 5 on it under the words "Collaborative Enterprise Solutions.

Barry

Our lead CNC guy told me that:

We probably have an old version.
The splash gets fixed w/a service pack, and one-up that can be applied to the notebook.

Thanks

Gene

The ERP8.0 Demo version comes with sp19 and still gives the XE splash screen. My version said that did also said SP19 and B7334. So either the install was not correct or the CD was not correct.

SP 20 enables the new splash screen so I copied the sp20 system dir's to the laptop and got the new JDE5 Splash. looks nice.

Back