EO810 Update Package with UBE specs

RAMMEDJR

Well Known Member
I have been unsuccessful deploying EO810 update packages that contain ube specs to a Windows XP pc running SP2 and IE 6 SP2. The package will just hang and eventually I have to terminate. Also, basically the same thing happens when trying to perform an OMW checkout of a ube. I have 'system restore' disabled and also disable anti-virus software when trying to deploy. I opened a call with PSFT support on the deployment issue and their reply was that SP2 was not supported, and have not given any date when it may be. We need SP2 for the security and other updates included so we can not rollback to SP1. Any ideas on how I can get the update packages deployed??

Thanks.

Dave Rammer
Sheboygan County
EO810 w/8.93.N1 Ent: Hp-UX 11i DB: Oracle 9.2.0.5 App. W2k DS: W2k3
Citrix Metaframe XP SP3/FR2

I don't know if this is still an issue for you, but in case anyone else runs into the XE SP2 issue (like we did), here is the solution that we found:

The culprit is the Windows firewall, new in XP, SP2 (and to be included in Windows Server 2003). The easiest solution is to disable the Windows firewall (Bad Bill, Bad Bill)... however, if your company wishes to keep this firewall, you can create "exceptions"; that is, programs that the system is allowed to use without the firewall stopping them. We created an exception for [Deployment Server menupath]\OneWorld Client Install\ Setup.exe. By adding this exception, I have been able to take full and partial package builds on my machine, where I had not previously.

hi, i dont know whether our problem is similar to the one posted, but we have a regular problem deploying our packages. when we get to the deploy stage (after the build package stage) on the deployment server the server hangs. worse, it slows down the working of all users on the system (we use thin client ERP 8). we have to kill the deploy package process on the enterprise server before things go back to normal. it is a regular problem and makes it difficult for us to deploy packages regularly. would appreciate it if anybody has any ideas on this one.

best regards

shrikanth

Back