Help with JDE E1 V9 Update 2 special instruction questions

shurtle

Questions: 1. What do you go by for Update special instructions? PDF from doc 1234767.1 or impact analysis report?
2. Anyone know about the UBE that you run for SAR 8803123? This SAR is not in any ESU, says included in Update1 and Update2. Oracle said it should be in base V9, but my IA report shows these objects as being replaced. The special instruction says the UBE you run checks out and in UBE versions. Does it do ALL UBE version or just Web only UBE versions. If it does ALL and I have to promote this project to PY and PD, I am concerned.

Background:
We installed JDE E1 V9 in August 2009 and loaded 800+ ESUs to get fix current right before Update 1 came out and have loaded 500+ more in Feb 2010 before final testing and go live. We are now looking at installing Update 2. I have never installed an Update before, so I am hoping to get some input from those who have. I downloaded the spec instr PDF from doc 12234767.1 for JDE E1 V9 Update2 and was marking up to be sure I knew what I needed to do pre and post package build etc. Then I install UL2 to dep server and ran impact analysis report and by accident included spec instructions. So, I started comparing special instructions to narrow down to only ones for objects we would be installing.

Imagine my surprise when of the first 5 or so I looked at in the IA report were not included in the Special instruction PDF. Two of the SARs don’t have associated ESUs, only say that they were included in Update1 and 2.

I have opened a case with Oracle, but haven’t gotten an final answer yet, so I was hoping someone here could help as I would like to put this into DV this weekend.

Back