Enterprise One and Power User Menu

bthompson

We recently (6 month ago) upgarde from Xe - 9.0 TR 8.89.4.3. With the out of the box setup we got the E1 and Power user menu. We did setup our custom Main Menu with the tasks our end users access. But users that were part of our implementation team had access to the E1 and Power User menus. After go-live security was set that now Power User roles have access to these menus but only in PY. Some of the users are asking for this access in PD as well. I have research and can't find any posts and/or documentation on best practices for menus. My fear is that someone will run something on these menus "by accident" that will corrupt the database.

How does the general populace use these menu. I need some supporting opinions and/or doucments that I can give manangement on the use of the menu. Or something that will prove my fears are not warranted. Either way what is JDEList opinion?

In general we don't allow access. How else are we gonna keep the ignorant peasants dependant on us if we allow them to get eddicated?

Seriously though - PY is plenty of access to look for and play with additional functionality. You do refresh the PY data from production periodically, right?

Larry,

Thanks for your reply. I think PY is the place to have access to these menus as well. Seems like we are constantly refreshing PY for our end users to test.

Back