Engineering Project Management

Saskia

We consider using Engineering Project Management in Enterprise One 8.9.

We would like to know whether you have any experience in using/implementing this funcationality. Any positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated.

Saskia

It will be interesting to see what response you get as this is quite new. Does anyone know who the Beta test clients were? No doubt they were US based?

I have already heard of new clients seeking Consultants who have implemented EO8.9. I couldn't name one who has even touched the new Apps. I wonder how many of these projects are now kicking off around the world? With a lack of good net change on the Apps then the first many professional see of the new product will be when they cut their teeth on it on site.

Good luck with this request! It will interesting to see if anyone had experienced the new toys.

There are two ways to implement the ETO (used to named EPM) - with or without the Job Cost. I am not familiar with Job Cost but as I know that is most financial consultants do not like to touch.
If there is no JC involved, ETO means the following to me:
1. The kind of platform to bundle all SO/PO/WO under what you named "Project".
2. With little and limited functions like MS Project does for phases linkage (I mean scheduling of forward or backward)
3. It integrated with SO quote process to do the job but not really helpful to me.
4. It integrated the planning functions (PRP) which you can do most planning jobs but only focus on "project related" materials.

Suggested to think about E8.10 instead of E8.9 if you do like to use ETO. And do not know why, the GUI of ETO is not user friendly as the other modules and you have to take time get to used to it.

John Hsiao, E8.10

Back