End of month question - F41021

cazinpa

Hi all,

I recently inherited administration of a JDE World system where the former administrator quit and no one knows anything about why we do what we do.

At the end of every month, the procedure has been to issue an SQL statement to clear out LIPCOM (Sales Order Commitments), LIQOWO (Work order commitments), and LIPREQ (Purchase order commitments from F41021.

Then, these items must be regenerated with a menu selection in G4213 (may be custom??).

Then we print out a query of open/hard commit configured items (which the menu option in G4213 does not fix), and go in and fix them manually using DFU.

Does anyone have any idea why we would be doing this?

Please forgive me as I am still learning and have a TON to learn, but this whole thing seems absurd to me.

Thanks!
Andy

Wow! At first glance, this seems slightly wacky. Good move to question it!

There are some problems with hard and soft commits, and JDE has a program, Repost Open Orders (42995), which clears all the commits and reposts by reading all the open orders. There is a known problem where the repost program doesn't work if there are no open orders for an item.

You should start by determining if you are running the standard repost program. Then tell us the criteria you use to decide if you need to manually fix the commits.

We have an article that describes all this in more detail, so feel free to send me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Andy
www.JDEtips.com
[email protected]

I second Andy's post... there is a known problem where if an item is shown as committed but there are no open orders now for that item, the committed quantity will not be reset.

We used to reset the quantity prior to the re-commit being run, but I assume in your case the monthly SQL was run just to ensure the commitments were recalculated correctly at monthend.

It looks ok to me, but in your position YES go ahead and question anything that looks odd... You might find some things that are wrong, but you also can learn a lot about why some things are done a certain way, and you also have the opportunity to improve these...

Should keep you busy
smile.gif

Hi
P42995 & P3190 are both jobs associated with re-building soft/hard commits. Unfortunatey the design of these two programs is flawed because the first thing that the programs do is to clear the commits values to zero and then it proceeds to rebuild the commit values again from work order & sales order. If there is any activity whilst this is taking place then the results can be invalid. I have re-written both of these program to allow them to be run by item or range of items so that this risk is minimized. This re-write also allows the process to be run in Proof or Final mode and produces a report of what needs to be fixed or what was fixed depending on the mode. These re-write are currently running successfully in multiple World sites. See attached technical spec for details. If you are interested then e-mail me at [email protected] and I can send you more details.

regards

Pat Clarke

Attachments

• 119018-WNI3195.doc
    81 KB · Views: 227
Back