EMAIL INVOICES

I believe that there is. You need to setup the Address Book with the Customer's email address. There may be a custom form, or print program which will generate the document as a PDF and attach to the e-mail, when the Print Invoice program is run fo selected customers with this requirement. Check with the technical folks on form generation.

Hi,

XE doesnt support e-mailing invoices out of the box so you have two choices:
1) Create some bespoke code to mail it (but it isnt going to be very pretty!)
or
2) Use a 3rd party tool to format/mail it (Formscape, Createprint etc)

Most customers that I have had dealing with tend to go for the second option.

I hope this helps

Peter

We use a product called Optio extensively. We set up a preferred send method for the customer, print that on the report PDF. Optio can be programmed to read the send method and will either Email, Fax.We use this to send invoices, order confirmations, ship notifications, warehouse notices and a variety of other purposes.

You might look at an iConsortium product called iBroadcast.

It would forward the PDF created by E1 - not the reformatted and pretty form re-created by Optio/CreateForm.

Best - it's affordable

:)

(db)

While emailing may get the job done for a few onesies/twosies, it inhibits your customer from utilizing the data easily. EDI is best, but even a flat file, with an agreed format would be better. At least they can then import the data into their AP system.

Cheers,

Skip

Thanks for your reply. We have creteform server for form solution. For email we are looking for a solution that will cost less than $2000.

Back