Email in work Center

jjcnc

Can we selective decide what will be email internally and what will be emailed externally ( i have been told its all or nothing, that you can either send all your email internally in Oneworld or externally using Mapi client like Exchange. Is this true

Also Is it possible that we can determine when an email is send e.g I donot want to send the email for submitted job.

Any thoughts

Certainly up to Xe / ERP 8 it an all or nothing.

I found the email messaging/workflow very useful for users who do not
regularly sign into One World, good example being purchase order approvers.

For regular users running lots of jobs the successfully completed email will
become very annoying. Perhaps a mail rule could be set up in exchange to
divert them from the regular inbox.

What my experience is it is all or nothing. We use it and what we have done is define rules in lotus notes that route specific things directly to the trash can, example would be submitted jobs, the user never sees them but they are being sent.

You can do the same thing in MS Outlook. Using the Rule Wizard you tell it the "from", "text to look for" and "folder" to send it to. We do this to exclude submitted jobs. We only want the e-mail for approvals.

Patty

Hello ,

Thanks for your reply. DOes any one of you explored what process actually sends the Message and you can code to send it selectively.

I am trying to look into this. If this is a system function or somethign else.
Would love to see if any of you have any exp in this area

thanks in advance for your help

Nick,

Could you, please help me what the setup process to redirect PeopleSoft complition messages to a mail server and how to define rules for unnecessary mails in Domino?

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards,
Zoltan Toreki

Back