Egenerator : Serialized Objects.

abhi82

Using Egenerator ,
What is the difference between genrating Objects to the WebServer and Generating Objects directly to the Database ??
I want to use a JDE Java Apis.to select the contents of the table..

JDBJ.select(table_name)..

for this I found that serailized objects are to be generated..

1) So Which Generation I should do ..generate to Webserver or generate directly to the database ?????

2) and also what actually is generated in the database when we run egenerator ?

-
Abhijit.

Your answer is contained in you earlier question:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Number=102074

You should generate to database, namely to these same two tables -- F989999 & F989998 about which you asked in the other post. From there, the JAS servers will get their java code (serialized objects). Of course you also need a full package, full table specs and full data dictionary to genearte from.

I hope you would re-consider my earlier advice to try DEMO for what you are trying to achieve, where these things are much easier than setting a full mult-tier system from scratch on your own..
smirk.gif

Hey OJDE,
I have given a try to DEMO...but it gave some problems so I left it ..mainly becuase I was already into multi-tier and finally that is what I want..
Also you misunderstand my question..I knew those two tables get populated with serialized objects..But I wanted to know are these the objects similar to the serialized objects that we use in JAVA..the name says so , but looking at the JDBJ APIs , it appears that they may be different..anyways thats the thing that I will see when I generate the objects..Right now my "generate directly to database" is failing ..on hitting the "connect" button it says unable to connect to JAS..Following is the log ..

06 Feb 2006 19:21:32,954 [ConectionThread] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.jas} - OneWorld JAS startup initiated
06 Feb 2006 19:21:33,828 [ConectionThread] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.jas} - OneWorld JAS startup complete
06 Feb 2006 19:21:34,374 [ConectionThread] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.system.none} - SecurityServer already exists, no override allowed
06 Feb 2006 19:21:37,323 [ConectionThread] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.jas} - JDBSignOn Fail userOrRoles
java.lang.NullPointerException: userOrRoles
at com.jdedwards.jas.services.env.EnvironmentLookup.getEnvironmentInformation(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDESignon.getEnvList(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDESignon.getEnvRoleList(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDESignon.isValidEnvRole(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDESignon.buildUserSession(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDESignon.jdeSignon(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxyWrapper.callServerComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxyWrapper.ServletProxy(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxyWrapper.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.callJAS(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.callJAS(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.callLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.login(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.createNetConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.engine.ConnectionEngine.makeConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.engine.GeneratorEngine.makeConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.view.InitialView.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

----------------
Why does the generator try and connect to JAS server when I am selecting "generate directly to database".
Could somebody send me the troubleshooting doc for this ..

-
Abhijit.

It is not trying to connect to the JAS Application server, it is trying to connect to your security server for login authentication. Check your INI settings (JDE, JAS and JDBJ) for Security settings and make sure they are correct.

Back