ECO orders in Supply & Demand

Mgroeneveld

Well Known Member
Hi,

Has someone added ECO orders to the Supply and Demand inclusion rules ? Did these ECO orders also display in the P4021 ?

Thanks in advance,

Martijn Groeneveld

Martijn,

No, I haven't done this but I would expect this to work. Which angle are you working from? The supply of finished goods or the demand for raw materials? This would be a very easy thing to test so I kinda thought your question was going somewhere... I can hazard a few guesses from memory:

The only problem you could face is with the quantity. ECO's sit in the F4801 but the Order Quantity may be zero which mean that they would be included in P4021 in theory, but with zero quantity (meaning that it probably wouldn't appear in practice).

As for the demand of raw materials, I believe the ECO doesn't use the F3111 table so maybe P4021 would ignore whatever table it does use. Therefore I suspect your wouldn't see raw material demand.

What do you want to see? It is generally accepted that you do not want ECO's in the Supply/Demand Inquiry!

Hi Mark,

We want to establish ECO processing on the finished product site and therefore also want to view this on the demand site in de Supply and Demand inquiry.

According to Peoplesoft documentation, this should work. What i want to see is a predicted change in the near future. When is it requested ?

Thx for your input.

Martijn

Re: RE: ECO orders in Supply & Demand

I don't think I can add anything to my first answer. Yes it should work. Try it.

However, I don't think you will get it in the P4021 for two different Branch/Plants. I also would warn against using this as it does imply that the ECO will complete one of the Finished Goods into Inventory whereas it is delivering nothing more than a change to its design or configuration, on paper.

Back