EAU calculation in time series - how to deduct PWO

Bill Sammons

We have recently converted to E1 from World. In our World environment PWO is deducted from both EA and EAU. In E1 only from EA. I checked UDC 34/UR and 34/US and -PWO is included. Is there a way to configure this to deduct ? Users cannot use Ea, because "it also moves PO dates"

Bill,

Not sure I understand what you are asking. The EA and EAU quantities are the period ending quantities - the remaining quantity after all supplies (+) and demands (-) are considered. There is nothing "deducted" from them. They are the result of additions to and subtractions from the beginning balances - BA and BAU. Yes, -PWO is considered in calculating both.

Tim

My question is with the calculation of EAU vs EA. From what I see in the time series inquiry (in E1) -PWO is not deducted to calculate EAU, but is to calculate EA.

What I read in the Oracle Requirement Planning Impementation guide,

"adjusted view depicts what the plan will be if all the planning recommendations are acted on.",
"unadjusted view depicts what the plan would look like if the planner did not act on the messages"

This is the message I have relayed to my user, - PWO is the component usage on a planned WO, so it is not considered in unadjusted. but I get the "That's NOT how it worked in World" response. I was hoping to find how to configure or control the calulation from BAU to EAU and BA to EA.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.
Thanx

Bill,

It's been a while since I've worked in World, but I don't recall any difference in logic. I don't understand, however, your assertion that planned work order demand (-PWO) is not considered in calculating EAU. I've attached a screen print that clearly shows the calculation.
Are you seeing something different?

Attachments

• 150513-TimeSeries.JPG
    150513-TimeSeries.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 157
Tim

Thanks for your reply, but you have hit my issue directly. Your screen shot shows the -PWO being deducted, I have attached a shot from our system where it is not. This is where I am confused. Is this configurable or controllable ? The value is deducted from EA, just not EAU.

Attachments

• 150734-Time Series (34-QT).jpg
    150734-Time Series (34-QT).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 132
Bill,

I'm confused! No way that you should be seeing that! The MRP logic/calculations are basically hard-coded. I've looked around a bit and can find no reference to this particular problem. I did find a JDE document that clearly illustrates the EAU calculation - it is attached.
Do you have any mods that might have an impact on this?

Attachments

• 150754-Understanding MRP Time Series Calculations OMN-05-0001.doc
    303 KB · Views: 234
Tim

Thank you for confirming my sanity. We have made no mods in this area. I had found the same documentation on Oracle's support site. I have opened an SR with Oracle and provided screen shots of the time series, MRP message details and Supp/Demand details. But have no response since Friday. One thought I had was the setup, numbering or sequencing of the 34/QT UDC. I have attached a screen shot of our values, could you do the same so I could compare ?

Attachments

• 150755-UDC 34-QT.jpg
    150755-UDC 34-QT.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 130
Sure - attached is xls with all the values. Judging by your screen shot, they appear to be the same.
Good luck with this!

Attachments

• 150762-34QT.xls
    22.5 KB · Views: 143
Thru research by one of our developers (No thanks to Oracle support) we found the following change made in SAR 7572571 to bsfn B3400590.C in 2005

/*7572571 - PWO is not deducted from EAU as only planned orders are coming in as PWO*/
/*MathSubtract(&mnWkEAUQty,&mnWkEAUQty,&lpdsArrays->lpmnPWOArray[ b ]);*/
/*7572571*/

An explanation of the SAR from a consultant we use :

SAR from Oracle (SAR 7572571) is a correction that Oracle made in 2005 to how PWO influences the calculation of EAU. To determine how the EAU should be corrected and why Oracle would have made the change, it is necessary to understand the underlying approach that Oracle uses in making calculations in the time series grid. Any item with a U at the end (EAU, BAU …) is a calculation that is unadjusted. It assumes that the planner takes no action on the suggestions that MRP generates and shows what will be the condition if things do not change. The EAU adds or subtracts any unadjusted quantities and calculates the position that the Ending Available balance would be in if things remained the same. The PWO is demand on a component that is derived from a higher level assembly’s planned orders. Planned orders at the next level up are calculated quantities that MRP generates messages upon. It can not be assumed that the planner will respond to all of the messages at the higher level and therefore, can not be used at the component level as a deduction to EAU or the unadjusted Ending Availability balance. Once the planner responds to PLO messages at the upper level and after the next regeneration of MRP, the new FWO or WO will influence the reprioritization of supply and demand and any FWOU or WOU will factor into the calculation of the EAU. The EA calculation assumes that the planner will answer all messages and therefore appropriately deducts the PWO amount. Oracle has discussed making this a processing option.

This should be a "heads-up" to any in the future upgrade from prior to 8.11.

We will be writing a follow on app that will deduct PWO from EAU inthe F3413 for our use.

Thanx for your help

Bill,

Glad you got it resolved, and the logic makes perfect sense. What's puzzling me, though, is that I am working in 9.0, and EAU does consider the PWO demand! I wouldn't think Oracle would have reversed course and changed it back. Right now, I've got many more important things to attend to, but I'm glad you at least know how to get back to "where you were".

Back