E900 Installation procedure

M S Santharam

I am just started to install the E900 as a POC, with follwing configuration

DS:= 2X4 intel Box with 12 GB RAM 1TB HDD, W2K8 64 bit Std, Visual Studio 2008, Oracle 10gR2 32bit EE as local DB
ES:= i520 with V5R4M0.

The installation document is very confusing to me.
Is any precaution to be taken in this installation?
If some one faced any problem and solved it, please reply.

I am as of now handling Xe with Sp23w1 / V5R4M0 /PS4.5 environments in both developement & production setup.

Thanks with Regards,
M.S.Santharam

[ QUOTE ]
I am just started to install the E900 as a POC, with follwing configuration

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The installation document is very confusing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too.

[ QUOTE ]
Is any precaution to be taken in this installation?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, lots of them.

[ QUOTE ]
If some one faced any problem and solved it, please reply.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just did.

Not that I mean to engage in "profiling," but it seems to me that a lot of these kinds of unspecific questions are coming from a certain subset.

Has there been a push of some kind, where a lot of untrained and/or inexperienced people are getting into CNC?

[ QUOTE ]
Not that I mean to engage in "profiling," but it seems to me that a lot of these kinds of unspecific questions are coming from a certain subset.

Has there been a push of some kind, where a lot of untrained and/or inexperienced people are getting into CNC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Ken I'm not afraid to call it like it is: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=61534&Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=%2Boffshoring&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Main=61534&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=10&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post61534

I'm thinking of taking another hiatus from JDEList until the Indians clear out.

The problem is that the Indian outsourcing companies are selling their consultants at a low price, throwing incompetent bodies at projects and those guys are coming here to get their knowledge and presenting it to their customer as their own.

Again, I will not assist anyone in taking food off of my table.

If you come here and do nothing but take, you are not contributing and I view you with the contempt you deserve.

I hear you, brother (of karamazov
smile.gif
).

OK, so while I'm not enamored of the open-ended questions, people here will generally help if you have SPECIFIC questions.

Which pages confuse you? Believe me, I understand the confusion if you have not been through this before. Let me be the first to suggest you take an installation class. The underlying concepts take some time to absorb, so if there is terminology that you don't understand, please elucidate.

As a starting point, here is an Oracle document that lists some things to watch for during installation (link to "Known Issues for 9.0").

If I understand your specs correctly, that much hardware for the Deployment Server is SERIOUS overkill, even with Oracle as the local DB.

"people here will generally help if you have SPECIFIC questions"
I got it.

I am handling "OneWorld Xe" since 2003. There is no update path for us, as we hevily customized our implementation.

Hi "brother_of_karamazov"

I am not new to JDE. I am not working on any offshore firm. My company is one of the largest JDE implemented site. We are not outsourceing any of the CNC activities.

With love and regards,
M.S.Santharam

Xe, SP23w1, i595, FHA, i870, i840, i520, PS4.5, V5R4M1

I kept a list of questions/answered I had for this "procedure". I wonder if there is a limit to the length of a post? Well here goes:

1. WAS: Let's say we put JAS on 400… Would you use ND version, create 1 HTTP server and several clustered, vertical "nodes" under one Application Server? Or will one cell with one federated cluster do? Answer: You want ND with many AS… And you might want multiple VH too to balance the HTTP.
2. HTTP: Do you set up virtual hosts? Answer: I don't think so unless we want different URLs for reaching the same HTTP server.
3. UPG: The install on i and upgrade does what to existing PRODDTA? Sounds like it will clear those libraries out or something. Answer: It was ok, just did not "install/upgrade production".
4. UPG: I also do not want JDE or ONEWORLD user profiles to be screwed up… *PGMR. Will something other than JDE/JDE cause a problem during install? Answer: It did not mess with it.
5. DPS: Why don't I see any DB with Studio Express over SSE? Answer: Run as admin, take off UAC.
6. DPS: Management of SSE on deployment - assume it is as much a pain as before? (Na, just studio express)
7. UPG: Why does book say I have to run the plan for pristine before upgrade… Is that an install? Page 126 - they do not tell you how or what to do there. Answer: Just created upgrade plan with only PS selected. Should have called it UPGPS900…
8. I think I need the DD7333, OL7333, Central Objects, SYS7333 data sources so the workbench can pull and merge from XE to new… Answer: Once I created proper System - B7333, it fetched data that It needed. Then the UPGPS900 plan ran and properly populated SVM900, SYS900 and such.
9. ES: The LOB_LOCATOR_THRESHOLD is currently 15000. Instructions say 10000 (is that really required? Answer: I think it is ok.)
10. SVM: Would I create multiple HTML instances (for each AS) with Server Manager and "manage" it from there? Answer: Yes you manage (like edit jdbc.ini, etc) from Server Manager.
11. SVM: Why do they have server manager in edelivery and KG updates? Why is it "INTEL NT" under platform? Can I install it before I have web server up? Answer: Yes you can.
12. UPG: Do I restore XE TESTDTA/TESTCTL over… then run upgrade for DV900 which will convert within the TESTxxx libraries? Answer: Yes pretty sure.
13. SVM: Getting failure when trying to install Server Manager agent on iseries I get classdeferror. Answer: needed to include the prop(1.5) to force use of JDK 1.5 during install. This involved an SR. RUNJVA CLASS(run) PARM('-console') CLASSPATH('/QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib/jt400.jar: /JDEdwards/SETUP.JAR') PROP((java.version 1.5))
14. WAS: No damn fix pack 11 in V7 WAS with group ptf. Answer: Turned out that the "InstallFixPackxxx" script was no in the "Update" directory… It was in the regular production directory… maybe that would have used the FRAG01 JAR to extract to maintenance. I just ended up getting the pak file manually.
15. ES: Why this conflict of JDEE900 with other sbs? IPC problem? Answer: PY is port 6008 range 6000-7000. E900 is port 5800 range 7001-9001 (was 6015). PD is port 6109 range 2101 to 5101.
16. DPS: Changed ES port, messed up the plans… F98403T needed patching. UPGPS900 F98402 was patched also. Still getting that in validation… seems from some jde.ini I did not patch. Answer: Just the jde.ini in C:\Windows for the deployment server… it was not showing up in search because of authority.
17. WAS: Do I install/use 64 bit version of JDK up on 400? Or 32 bit? (32bit I think). Answer: 32 bit is the newer and default.
18. WAS: Some type of known APAR authority bug with 7.0 for QEJBSRV user. Caused dmgr profile to not install sucessfully. I also think that not having a user directory in /Home caused problems.
19. WAS: Getting java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError trying to run WAS commands. Answer: I renamed the /QIBM/UserData/Java400/SystemDefault.properties which had 1.4 specified in it.
20. WAS: From my HTTPAdmin… I do not have the WAS7 option to add in… maybe after reboot/restart of HTTP it will appear? Answer: Yes it did… I was able to add the plug in. Not sure if reboot or restart of HTTP (that is what is was I bet).
21. WAS: So startserver appsrv01 would not start… it would submit a job and recognize the profile. Answer: I had to dig deep in the directory structure of logs to find that "AppSrv01" was the problem… it was case sensitive. Ouch.
22. SVM: Server Manager: How to you get to that DB setup. Answer: must select the "home" independent instance.
23. OCM: What is a 'MetaLink ID Number' that Oracle Configuration Manager needs? Answer: Just your user id. CSI number is a different piece of information.
24. Need to create the utilities to add labels over files for unicode. Answer: Done.
25. SVM: How does Change Assist work with Server Manager? Answer: You would download ESUs and such to just Change Assist directory. For things that SVM manages (like tools releases) you could directly download those to the Components directory. Or separately go into SVM and "upload" that managed software. Might be nice if Change Assist were incorporated into SVM just to reduce number of tools one needs to mess with.
26. SVM: How the f do you add an ES to the bloody Server Manager? Answer: Finally found where you drop down to home, then click on SSSERV02.SSSS.COM. From there you can create an instance.
27. SVM: The SSSERV02.SSSS.COM Managed Instance was not running… I have added it JDESBS startup pgm.
28. WAS: SVM says I have to install agent.. .but there is not an option to install agent within WAS. Instead I am guessing that the agent on iseries will do what it needs to do? Answer: Yes apparently. Also the instructions say to reference the install location where "profiles" is… that is not correct. Just put in the path where the product is installed.
29. SVM: The navigation sucks. Not intuitive at all. Trying to get to set up new instance was big pain.
30. Comment: We are going back to DOS days with all these command line / directory things like this for OCM:
$ORACLE_HOME/ccr/admin/scripts/installCCRSQL.sh collectemrep -e
<SYSMAN.PASSWORD> -s <SID>
31. WAS: Is license for WAS *NOMAX for real? Answer: Yes if just used for JDE.
32. INS: I wonder if I need ONEWORLD user exactly? Answer: Not as long as you change things over to JDE.
33. SVM: The SM service on DPS will not run…. Starts and then stops. Created SR. Answer: Needed to take UAC off of the box. Some kind of authority issue.
34. I have "\\jderoot_691267_20100722.log" on my ROOT. Need to stop that. Answer: I think the jdelog.properties was not set correctly.
35. SVM: Why isn't the deployment server software itself under managed software? Answer: Just don't think that is option. SVM cannot manage that software - use Planner ESUs.
36. WAS: What do I need to know or do about Websphere Admin Client Jars? Create SR regarding the lack of WAS 7.0 jars. I think this is why I cannot stop/start HTML instance from SVM. Answer: Oracle says I do not need them at all with WAS 7.0
37. Comment: The install guides hardly mention the Web client. They talk about workstation deployment a lot . Comment: It just seems a bit confusing.
38. UPG: How / when does the switch over to Unicode occur exactly? Answer: Separate step. Do the Unicode later.
39. UPG: Why does the plan for DV900 keep on pointing to Central Objects - DV7333 when I have OCM for PD7333? What is best practice for pulling from production source for a DV900 plan? How is C pulled if I just "tweak" the central objects? Answer: Yes copy from PD over to DV. OL tables, versions, C etc.
40. Will the on demand serialization just fill up the F998999 files for COPS900 or is there a generation step? So far they are empty. Answer: Yep, once logged on it really just starts happening.
41. CNC: Does a Developer's workstation have SSE with local specs there? Answer: Yes. Also to see the web results, need Websphere Express install to server local web.
42. CNC: How does one just "refresh" PS900? Answer: Should run R98403E XJDE0009 from 1/JDEPLAN to 3/PS900 (page 186 of upgrade guide).
43. Do I need to install SPC codes for new install? Answer: No… Thing of the past.
44. SVM: Cannot start the agent. Answer: Qshell was broken. Missing symbolic links to /usr/bin and /usr/lib.
45. WAS: How and where do you set up load balancing? Answer: When you add nodes in WebSphere Admin, you give it "weights" for
46. SVM: So for jas and jderoot log files, I put in \JDE900\jas and jderoot… Those are going into /home/JDE as invalid files. I think I need to try a forward slash to get them into the right directory. Answer: Yep this worked.
47. I get the sign on screen… but am getting a no data source found. SVM900 OCM looks good for JPS900. F00950 is empty in SY900 for now. Security server off I think. Maybe PathCodes=('DV900') instead of 'JDV900'? That is on the "Create A Managed Instance" page in SVM. Answer: I was missing the physical database entries in the HTML configuration. Once I put those in, I got to a different error about no db connection. Answer: I needed to "install" the jdbc from the SVM to the J2EE and App server. Now I have an issue about no default BSFN mapping (which is true for SVM F986101 anyway…).. Answer: I added BSFN DEFAULT to SVM900 and it worked, but now I am missing UBE. I do not like having a SSSERV02 - Logic in SVM900. Something is not right. Answer: The JDBj ini Bootstrap section needed System -900 and SY900.
48. Getting regular user to be able to sign in involved several problems. Answer: To get a new user in to JPS900… I had to make QSOFTMVD a role. I then had to add JPS900 to that role. I then had to add the user to that role in the role relationships. I have to go in and create default F00921 record (blank is for English).
49. CNV: I do not like that it cannot "connect" with old deployment. Answer: Did not have TXNLWOWDPS defined in machines. Also had extra SSSERV02 ES defined that was trying to point to it. I actually needed TXNLWOWDPS for an ODBC DSN. Not sure why or what it is going to do with that.
50. CNV: Copy PD7333 to DV7333. *R98403-Central PD to DV. *Copy F983051. *Copy all source on DPS. *Fix F9861 rcds. What about ESU history?
51. CNV: Do I run installation workbench from JDEPLAN for all plans? And does it really use PS900? Answer: Yep
52. CNV: Do I really disable security server for install workbench? Answer: Yes indeed. And remember to take DSPWD[] out of deployment jde.ini. I was unable to run R8900165 until I took the security server out of ES ini and restarted.
53. OCM: This does not report back to Oracle. Created SR. Answer: It is not yet supported on 8.98. They are working on it. 973078.1 I also just wonder if once it does start reporting, if XE support calls will get confused about what we have in production.
54. SVM: Can I delete these "InstallShield" directories on the IFS? Answer: Yes
55. CNV: Why do some conversions run LOCAL (> 100)? R8943199AA specifically. Answer: Don't know why on this one.
56. CNV: Do I really want this "data load"? I only get production data versus demo data. Neither make sense…
57. CNV: Need to point F98MOQUE over to OWDPS for R8900165 to read "stg" or text files for conversion (or copy them to new DPS. Answer: It seems to have found the text items from old DPS.
58. INS: Changed root of JDE to /home/JDE because of files during various steps. Caused production XE Commit error because of jde.ini. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
59. OMW: Cannot add an OMW project in DV900. Answer: Seems that even though you default new projects at status 21, during initial creation of a project, it is status 11 for a moment. So the 02 Developer role needs to have control over status 11 as well as status 21.
60. How do you set up multiple HTTP if you wanted your HTTP servers to be load balanced: Answer: I think that requires software / maybe hardware outside of the target ports to do that.
61. Comment: Java confusion… What is JRE versus J2SE (I have both JRE and Java on my PC), then there is JDK? The agent needs 1.5. When WAS7 starts up you can see it referencing and using 1.6.
a. J2RE 1.5.0 IBM is running on TXHDCJAS02
b. Java 6 on TXHDCDPS01
c. JDK 1.3 on I
d. JDC 1.4 on I
e. JDK 5.0 on I (same as 1.5)
f. J2SE 5.0 32 bit on I (same as 1.5)
g. J2SE (I think) 6.0 32 bit on I (same as 1.6)
h. J2SE (I think) 6.0 64 bit on I (same as 1.6)
i. JDK 6.0 v21 over on SVM
j. Look at Java runtime from SVM and you see IBM J9 JVM version 2.4
62. WAS: If I create a bunch of HTML instances, they all have their own port number. I do not want my users to specify more than one port number. I want it load balanced. Answer: The HTML instances are Application Servers under my APPSRV01. I believe the dmgr will load balance (of sort) over multiple application servers. Really one HTTP server could be out there, then you would have many Application Servers.
63. WAS: How does dmgr work with app servers exactly? Answer: I think mostly you are getting load balanced Application Servers (or HTML instances) from this.
64. SVM: Could not add a new HTML instance because the agent needed to be started by CROUCHJ for some weird reason (doc 664654.1). Even after doing that I had trouble with the next one. I wonder if I could use a qshell command to adjust ownership/authority of WAS, JDE_HOME and or other directories to fix this problem? Turns out that for some reason the /www/HTTPSVR/conf/httpd.conf file cannot have QTMHHTTP on it at all during this creation. After it is created, then add authority back to that file so HTTPAdmin can start/stop HTTPSVR.
a. I did this: CHGAUT OBJ('/www') USER(AGENT) DTAAUT(*RWX) OBJAUT(*ALL) SUBTREE(*ALL)
b. Oracle opened a SAR on this one.

Hi 'Brother_of_karamazov '

The confusion is less in technical and more on "Direction / Decision" process.

U really removed at least one confusion of mine with your reply with your blog URL, in one of my previous thread "B9 MTR deployment server".

[ QUOTE ]
"Oracle Enterprise Edition is a bit of overkill for the Deployment Server. This was Oracle's first-pass at getting the Deployment Server off Windows (http://blog.karamazovgroup.com/2010/07/linux-deployment-server.html) and I can only hope that something other than the massive Oracle Database Enterprise Edition is forthcoming for the local database.

Stick with SSE for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

My confusion is due to Integration / Interdependent of multiple systems / databases (1.Workflow system like lotus domino, home grown JSP based systems, 2. Databases MS SQL / Oracle, 3. Web servers WAS, WEBLogic, Oracle AS or Apache+tomcat, 4.Automation systems etc.. Unlimited) with JDE.
Each team sticks with their own stand.
My approach is in a holistic way.
If people share there experience, It will help me to take appropriate decision and can guide.

Regards with love,

M.S.Santharam
Xe, update 4, SP23W1, FHA, i595, i520, i840, i870, PS4.5

A lot of people are unaware that one of the largest JDE implementation in the world in terms of users and sites is an Indian energy company. I heard they have over 200 sites, use all modules and thousands of users.

Anyways this was not the question asked in the post. Santharam, don't expect people to send you screen by screen documentation and instructions. Read the Oracle guide and try it in a lab environment. If you have specific questions then post it in the thread. My suggestion would be to either get training on 9.0 from Oracle or any other JDE training company or take the help of consultants. A lot has changed from Xe to 9.0

One of our principles is "stick with what you know." If your IT support staff is already familiar with the AS/400, and is staying with the AS/400 for other things, there is no reason to move off the AS/400 for E1 9.0, and lose all that expertise.

You really don't want to have to go through a bunch of retraining to support E1, and the beauty of the product is that you don't have to. This is the most flexible ERP system there is in terms of the back end database, OS, and application server choices you have. If you have no internal reason to make those kind of changes from your existing setup, then don't.

if you are installing as a POC, then just go through the document, write down the specific settings you use the 1st time through and then troubleshoot. If it's not right the first time, scrub your systems and do it again. You will gain invaluable insight and experience by doing this yourself over asking others what their issues were. If you encounter specific issues or problems, post them with as much info as possible. Make sure to post the resolutions as well so you can pass on what you learn.

Make sure you're not using your production or development systems for this.

I would also suggest going to a net change class and joining the upgrade consortium calls held twice a month(bug your Oracle rep for the info), you'll hear about most of the technical and application gotchas that are out there. Be creative, just because Oracle doesn't support it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Hi Ken Wong,
[ QUOTE ]

"stick with what you know." If your IT support staff is already familiar with the AS/400, and is staying with the AS/400 for other things, there is no reason to move off the AS/400 for E1 9.0, and lose all that expertise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that is my thought also. After reading other threads, I decided to use AS400 as ES for my POC setup.
I have both multiple Intel boxes and AS400 under my disposal for my POC setup.
My initial thought was VM as ES. Because, the current trend is virtualization. I wish to test 'Create a VM from multiple HW (Intel Box) and use it as ES with Linux as OS'. I am seeing a major benefit from this is, it removes dependent on a particular brand HW. Now I decided to use VM as Logic server for the time being.

Hi JDEBEE,

I am from there only.

Hi BPConnor ,

This is pure isolated Test Lab setup.
[ QUOTE ]
"Make sure to post the resolutions as well so you can pass on what you learn"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I will post my team experience.

Regards

To help with your evaluation, one of the more recent threads on virtualizing E1 servers: link.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there ANY doubt as to why I love you man? In a CNC kind of way. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - serious broke back mountain moment.....

Jealousy does not look good on you...I hear the Jupiter 5 calling you..."danger Will Robinson, danger"!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Jealousy does not look good on you...I hear the Jupiter 5 calling you..."danger Will Robinson, danger"!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

And the guys from off-shore that have gotten under Jeff's skin are scratching their heads at the movie and TV cultural references.....

Back