E8.10 Action Code Security to VIEW ONLY

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
I want to setup a user who can't ADD/CHANGE/DELETE/OK to ANYTHING.
Silly me thought that having a ACTION CODE SECURITY row, for *ALL objects,
set with "N"s for everything but "VIEW" would work.
Silly me.

What I'm seeing, when I test this user, is that MOST things are view only (like address book),
however the address book exits to AP and AR do NOT have OK locked down.

What is the proper way, w/security set as EXCLUSIVE,
to make a user COMPLETELY view only?

Thanks
Gene
Working on 8.10

Hi Gene,

Can I clarify that you want to allow users to 'OK/Select' which effectively means users can view the details of a record?

If the OK button is active on a find/browse form generally it will allow the user to view the detail record, whereas if 'OK' is active on a fix/inspect form it will allow an update or 'change.'

If you can let us know the context of the 'OK' that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Also, spotted the last sentence, are you thinking of using Row Security instead?

Thanks,

I kept fussing w/it and it SEEMS to be working.

The forms that OK was still open on, were getting an "invalid record" (AP & AR from employee address book).
Pressing OK here had no impact.

As I dug further, it looks like any other instances of OK are dimmed out.

Thanks for your reply.
Gene

This is standard for action security. In the earlier versions of JDE they sometimes allowed update on the Ok. But for later versions they have it pretty much sorted so update authority needs the change button.

Cheers

Luke

I was able to remove "OK" from this user.

HOWEVER, I've now been asked to disable a "submit" button which is a form exit running event rules.
I've looked at HYPER-EXIT security, but can't get a record for this USER/APPLICATION to create.

If I can't secure this, the user can make and submit/save changes.

HOW would I secure this?

Please and Thanks
Gene
OW 8.10

Exits depends on TAM. Later versions of JDE have more security types. Then there are coding changes.

If you want me to talk you through some ideas give me a call.

Hi Gene,

Can you please provide some more information, especially:

The Application, Form and Version.

I just want to find the exact button you are referring to and see if we can post a solution.

Thanks,

Back