E1 8.12 Tools Release 8.96 F1 Issues getting JAS server up

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
E1 8.12 Tools Release 8.96 F1

We are in the process of upgrading from Tools Release 8.96 B1 to F1. We used the UPDATE option to update the installation (Appendix H Page 279 in the Nivember Release of the guide), everything appeared to have gone smoothly. We also applied the SQL 2005 JDBC driver and followed the instructions on how to set it up. All services on the WEB server appeared to have started successfully however no log files are being generated and we are unable to access to HTML Client.

When we looked at the HTTP error log the following error is listed.

[Tue Jan 02 17:42:52 2007] [error] [client 10.15.35.58] File does not exist: D:/WebSphere/AppServer/installedApps/TEST-JDEJ3Node01/EA_JS_86.ear/webclient.war/E1Menu.maf

This the path we added for the JDBC Driver

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_1.1\enu/ sqljdbc.jar

Does anyone have any ideas.....

Hi Soul,

It seems that you have an extra space between "enu" and
sqljdbc.jar

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_1.1\enu/ sqljdbc.jar

Regards,

There is actually not an extra space, I miss keyed it...it would be nice if that was the answer
smile.gif
. I opened a case with Oracle but their timing and mine are way off...I need this resolved ASAP for them it is more like whenever. We have uninstalled the DEV server and instead of using the update method we did the install...we will see what happens, but if this is what has to be done each time you do a TR then it will not be a good thing....

Make sure you go in the WebSphere Admin console and check the JDBC providers variable (under Resources), and the WebSphere Variables (under Environment) are set up right.

I found that when I create a new virtual host with the 2005 driver it doesn't always set these up properly. It makes an assumption that you are using the 2000 drivers.

Hello Soul,
Was error message "Maftlet Not Found 500".. something like

Also do let me know the procedure to publish query on jdelist. I tried it couple of time but never got any response.

Thanks
Kapil
Soul Glo <[email protected]> wrote:
E1 8.12 Tools Release 8.96 F1

We are in the process of upgrading from Tools Release 8.96 B1 to F1. We used the UPDATE option to update the installation (Appendix H Page 279 in the Nivember Release of the guide), everything appeared to have gone smoothly. We also applied the SQL 2005 JDBC driver and followed the instructions on how to set it up. All services on the WEB server appeared to have started successfully however no log files are being generated and we are unable to access to HTML Client.

When we looked at the HTTP error log the following error is listed.

[Tue Jan 02 17:42:52 2007] [error] [client 10.15.35.58] File does not exist: D:/WebSphere/AppServer/installedApps/TEST-JDEJ3Node01/EA_JS_86.ear/webclient.war/E1Menu.maf

This the path we added for the JDBC Driver

Does anyone have any ideas..... On The Road to! 8.12 OW Xe XU6, SP 22_S1 Enterprise Windows 2000, SQL 2000 WTS, Citrix MetaFrame XP FR3, Win 2003 Upgrading to 8.12 TR 8.96

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you go in the WebSphere Admin console and check the JDBC providers variable (under Resources), and the WebSphere Variables (under Environment) are set up right.

I found that when I create a new virtual host with the 2005 driver it doesn't always set these up properly. It makes an assumption that you are using the 2000 drivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we have it setup...not it is another thing if it is correct; since we are upgrading the TR we had to manually do this based on the instructions in the guide. I am attaching a screen print of what we have.

Attachments

• 115428-2005 error.doc
    286.5 KB · Views: 105
I don't think the issue is with the jdbc drivers. I had an issue with the path - the web services will start and you can get to the login page, just get an 'unknown jas error' when you try to login.

I am suspecting the http.conf file - if the http.log file is stating that it cannot find a file, sounds like it is not being redirected to the correct location. Any chnages made to the http.conf file or location of the web app? Can always try regenerating the webserver plug-in as well..

-John

Soul Glo
are you not able to start the WebSphere Instance - if so - -> what do the WAS SystemErr and SystemOut logs say ? What about the jas logs. It may provide you with some clue ?
-> Also can you check if your HTP Server is started
-> If the WebSphere is up - regen the WAS plugin .
-> Is the Env Variable $(MSSQLSERVER2005_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH) initialized correct?
-> Did you change your jdbj.ini section for SQL2005 driver
[JDBj-JDBC DRIVERS]
-> Finally think about your basic setup - SQL 2005 may not the reason why the update is failing

They aren't on your time??!!?? You mean that all the money you spend for support isn't so you can be on India time??!!??
smile.gif
You know, I remember when all we had to complain about was that Denver was on a different time zone!

Yeap....

Well we resolve the issue by instead of using the "Update" method we did the uninstall and then reinstalled the TR from scratch. The issue with that is when you are using NDM and you have clones you have first break the clone then do the uninstall and sometimes it does not always release the ports so then you have assign different ports then you have to re-configure http.conf, which makes applying TR a pain.

Oracle still have not provided me any answers as to why the "Update" method is not working.

Did you use the installer on the Machine where ND was deployed and chose the ditributed ND profile in the installer

If you put the installer on a machine which does not have the NDM it will not update
All the best

Back
Top Bottom