duplicate lots

waltercm

[mad]
Has anyone experienced duplicate lots being created for different items. The system constant is set to (3) to allow lots to be shared b/t B/P, but unique to item. Currently, we have some lots that were created that are not unique to an item.

We recently ran into this problem, but I think it may have been a self inflicted wound. We ran into the problem with our lot numbers for the purchased items. We had made a modification to scrub the leading zeros off of the lot numbers we assign, but the F41LOT routine which checks for the duplicates was not removing the zeros when it searched. There were some manually assigned lot numbers which just happened to coincide with the next numbers, and the system didn't recognize them as duplicates because of the zeros.
Something else you might consider looking into is Cost Center Security if the duplicate lots are not in the same branch. It MAY be that the P41LOT program is also subjected to the users Cost Center Security.

Hi waltercm,

we experienced exactly the same problem when last Saturday we had a bunch of people in to key in all stocks using P4114. I now detect duplicate lots, and what's more : I can not get rid of them by trying to do a negative stock correction nor by reclassifying !
I've logged an issue with Peoplesoft but so far no solution.
How did you work around this and did you eventually find a reason and a solution ?

Back