Dual Side Printing - Batch Job Specific

Carrie

Carrie

Hi List -

I have a requirement at my client that I've no idea which direction to go as to how to handle. I searched Oracle and this forum but alas, I can't find a solution.

Client has a need to print a specific batch job 2 sided. To add insult to injury, it's the work order print (used for multiple work orders), and would only need to be 2 sided when the work order is more than one page. There is no 3rd party software in use (like Crystal, Optio, etc.). Is this something I can do at the custom UBE level? Is it something in the way the printer has to be setup on the JDE server? Does the printer have to be dedicated? It is even possible?

In my 12 years of being a functional consultant, this is my first client that has made it a 'must have' instead of a 'nice to have'. My development skills are 'freshman' at best.

Anybody have a thought? World A9.2 (AS400)...

Thanks,
Carrie Ricotta
Independent JDE Functional Consultant
407-808-8455

Hi Sweetness!

I haven't had to resolve this issue in E1, but have for other systems - long long ago and a mindset far far away (back when I was an Ogre).

Often, you can define the output logistics when you define the printer on the servers. It's not unreasonable to define the printer several times, on a specific server, to base different types of output (one for single sided, one for dual sided).

Once the target machine is setup 'twice' on the server, you just point the Version / UBE to the Server's definition of the printer.

One of the CNC folk should be able to define the actual steps (I haven't been an ogre for a few years - and the steps I'd give you would leave you down a very dark and spider-filled path).

In the olden days:
SSPrinter: Description - LPR Single Sided to Printer A
DSPrinter: Description - LPR Double Sided to Printer A

Point UBE | SSVersion to SSPrinter
Point UBE | DSVersion to DSPrinter

Same Printer - different definitions.

OK - now a CNC/Systems guy gets to correct me!

(db)

Back