Drill down and email

JonFoster

We are running into an issue utilizing the drill down feature on financial reports(i.e. balance auditor). It appears for thin clients (i.e. through Citrix)only that for drill down to work, you have to be the one to run the report. Whereas for fat clients, that is not a limitation. The error we get is "could not open the specified file 'drilldwn.exe'". Has any one else seen this?

We were assuming you could email reports out or put them on a file server, and OneWorld users would be able to open the report and use drill down. It will not work if the reciever of that email is a thin client.

We are on OneWorld version B73.3.2. It makes me wonder if in Xe if this is any different, or if the issue is the same over the web

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon,

I'm not a Citrix expert but I believe this is because you're trying to access a OneWorld feature from a PC where OneWorld is not installed.
Since the report drill-down is a OneWorld feature you need the OneWorld s/w to use it. This means you have to be accessing the file either from a FAT Client, or as a Thin Client connected to Citrix/TSE box that has OW installed. Web I can't comment on.

FWIW,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Back