Dream Writer vs. World writer

julian

Hi list,
I'm new to JDE, Dream Writer and World writer. I worked with FASTR for two weeks writing financial reports, my new company have one FASTR book that helped me a lot. Now I have to write some reports for AR and Ap users using DW or WR, can somebody guide me to right direction on how to do this?, a try to get tutorials on the web with no luck.
Your help will be appreciated!
Julian
JDE 7.3

Dreamwriter is a system built over an RPG program. Dreamwriter provides the method of selecting records and passing parameters to the RPG program. to create a new Dreamwriter you have to write the RPG and CL program that calls PS subroutines.

Worldwriter is a query tool like Query/400, that has the PeopleSoft data dictionary and standards built into it.

Julian: Dream Writer is part of the program solution used by PeopleSoft
World software. You will need to setup processing options, control language
program (CLP), and high level program (usually RPG III of higher). Several
tutorials have been written for RPG and CLP programming by Bob Cozzi, Susan
Gantner, and John Paris.

Where can we get hold of these tutorials. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Greenm <[email protected]> wrote:Julian: Dream Writer is part of the program solution used by PeopleSoft
World software. You will need to setup processing options, control language
program (CLP), and high level program (usually RPG III of higher). Several
tutorials have been written for RPG and CLP programming by Bob Cozzi, Susan
Gantner, and John Paris.

Re: RE: Dream Writer vs. World writer

If you are a RPG programmer, I suggest you study the JDE CASE tools (Menu G93) before you start programming. It will save you a lot of time because it creates the CL and RPG program for you as well as the print or display files needed for your dream writer or video program. All you have to do is add the additional logic or calculations that you want in the program.

I am assuming World Vision because of the RPG.

You just need to set up variables for the RPG D/W program and version (or l iterals if you want).

All D/W require a CLP that sets the environment and, if necessary, select t he data via QRYDTA (if necessary) and calls the program with the required p arameter that were passed to the CLP. Piece of cake.

Here is a snippet that I put in a text file.=20=20=20=20

FMT ** ...+... 1 ...+... 2 ...+... 3 ...+... 4 ...+... 5 ...+... 6 ...+... 7 ...+... 8

Back