Do World tables F0082, F00821, and F0083 exist in v.7.1?

rharbin

I have searched my manuals, searched this forum, and asked all the JDE people I know. I am trying to find out if tables F0082, F00821, and F0083 exist in version 7.1 of World. I typically deal with World 7.3 and higher, and am being told that these tables do not exist with the older version. If they don't, are there tables with the same data in 7.1?

Thanks in advance for any help!

They have been around forever ... at least back to 3.1
IIRC they might have migrated from the F0081 files to the
F0082 versions, but it has been so long ago I don't recall.
You can probably just use HS 40 to browse the database to
find them whatever their name is.

Thanks for the info. After a little more research, it looks like the two files are F0090 and F0090H potentially, but I do not have direct access to the system so I am relying on someone else to provide the tables for me from a remote location. Basically I need to be able to map the fields in the three newer tables to the fields in the older tables, which will be easy once I can figure out which older tables I need. My understanding is that the data is there, just not in those tables.

If anyone else has any insight as to the older tables I can look at that may provide this information, please let me know.

Thanks for all of your help!

I think F0090H is the earlier version of F0082H, the Menu Selection History file.

Here are some steps that might provide you with more information:

Have that person at the remote site determine the name of the program that lies behind option 3 (Menu Locks) by typing 25 on the Security Officer Menu, A94 or M94 or whatever. (At A7.3 mine is P00908, Menu Information.)

If he has access to SVR and the source files for the programs exist, he could browse source code member P00908 or its A7.1 counterpart to see which files can be updated.

If the source files don't exist, somebody with command entry ability could use the IBM command "dsppgmref P00908", which might show the files that can be updated.

Thanks for the input! I had them do something similar. Turns out the F0090 file is the equivalent of the combination of F0082, F00821, and F0003. The structure of the files is completely different, but essentially the information is all there.

Thanks again for all of the help!
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom