Distant username verification; COM Connector

Neeraj_Symtrax

Hi guys,

There have been no post related o the COM connector for more than 3 years so I guess either nobody uses it anymore or I am the only one who can't get it to work.
smile.gif

My mission is to have a tool that can connect to the JDE server (all versions) and just verify if a given username/password is valid for the given system.
As our company tools are .NET based I decided to go with the COM connector, referenced the JDECOMConnector2.exe in a VB project and even then tried with C# . The classes and inerfaces seem ok and the program gets compiled, but when I run the program at the moment of function "Connector.Login(user, pass, Env)" of the interface I get an HRESULT:0x800706BA error saying "RPC server is unavailable" (I verified that RPC service is running on my machine as well as on the JDE server). Any idea on what I might be missing in the configuration should be helpful.
The JDE server is working and I can access it through a distant JDE client machine.

I think the problem is with the configuration of jdeinterop.ini file. I have tried putting it in "C:\" also added it to the path and CLASSPATH as described in the interop document, but I get the impression it is not being taken into account by the connector.

Thanks for taking a moment.
Neeraj.

Hi again,

I have advanced on this problem a bit and turns out that the error was due to incorrect configuration of JDEComCOnnector.exe on local windows 7 machine. So now I got through that and am stuck with another problem.

This time when I run my program, during the login procedure it says "Error: Login validation failed on security server." I am quite sure that the username and password are correct. I saw some people got this error earlier so maybe anyone if can enlighten me on this isssue I shall be grateful.

I still think that my settings of jdeinterop.ini as explained earlier are having no effect on my connector.

Thanks again,
Neeraj.

Back