Displaying a warning/error message after order entry

nnarmada

Hello JDEList,

We've a requirement to let the user know that the order they just placed with prepayment has been put on CA hold, since the credit card given by the customer has failed to get authorized. Business function B0000952 which does the authorization is being called at the end of order entry and as the processing happens in asynchronous mode, by the time the authorization process completes, user will be shown the order entry form W4210G of P4210. I tried to display a warning message with the below code but in vain. I could see the control going into the line of code but the warning is not shown on the screen. Is it possible to display the errors in this screen after order is complete? I'm sure I'm missing something. Any help is highly appreciated.Below are the modifications I made in B4200310.

idReturnValue = jdeCallObject(_J("PrepaymentProcessing"), NULL,
lpBhvrCom, lpVoid, (LPVOID)&dsD0000952,
(CALLMAP *)NULL, (int)0, (JCHAR *)NULL,
(JCHAR *)NULL, (int)0);
*lpcPutOrderOnHold = dsD0000952.cPutOrderOnHold; /* SAR 3055461 - ADD */

/* Displaying a warning on the screen saying
* the order has been put on CA Hold. */
if (dsD0000952.cPutOrderOnHold == _J('1'))
{
jdeSetGBRError(lpBhvrCom, lpVoid,(ID)0, _J("ICOM001"));
}

Narmada
JDE E1 9.1, TR 9.1.3.1

I am no expert in C...but you can take a look at my previous post wherein my error message is working fine (not the same problem as yours though)...

Post #172082

Hope it helps.

If your BSFN sets a place on hold flag, does the SO entry BSFN create a record on F4209?

Check there in normal ER after E1 has finished creating your order. If found, pop up your message window

Thank you John!

Yes it does create a record in F4209, what you are saying is a good idea, I'll try implementing it and let you know.

Narmada

Yeah that should be ok.

The F4209 can have many holds per order and the UDC 42 HC shows the list of options
CA is Credit Card Hold. So look for that if you want a specific credit card message

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that should be ok.

The F4209 can have many holds per order and the UDC 42 HC shows the list of options
CA is Credit Card Hold. So look for that if you want a specific credit card message

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know how could I miss this, JDE E1 itself is showing a message on P4210,W4210G once we return to this screen after placing the order. Today I some how thought to do the mods in P4210 itself and found this code.And when I tested it's actually showing a message showing saying "Previous Order Placed On Hold". I should probably change the color of the text for the users to see it.

Thanks,

Narmada

[ QUOTE ]
I am no expert in C...but you can take a look at my previous post wherein my error message is working fine (not the same problem as yours though)...

Post #172082

Hope it helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know how could I miss this, JDE E1 itself is showing a message on P4210,W4210G once we return to this screen after placing the order. Today I some how thought to do the mods in P4210 itself and found this code.And when I tested it's actually showing a message showing saying "Previous Order Placed On Hold". I should probably change the color of the text for the users to see it.

Thanks,

Narmada

Back